New York City
Locus Analytics, an economic data analytics firm based in New York City, studies networks of relationships between businesses, jobs, and products. Drawing from linguistics, systems sciences, and graph theory, Locus has developed a framework for systematically describing these economic entities across industry, scale, and geography.
Our mission is to use our technology to make the world’s economic data broadly accessible and readily navigable. To that end, we are looking for a Database Specialist who will be responsible for growing and maintaining our database system and technology.
As part of our growing and collaborative Data Analytics team, you will be the thought leader in various aspects related to Locus' information organization and database development, including long-term strategic goals, best practices and processes.
You will also:
- Oversee all database operations including planning, configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, security configurations and migrations.
- Provide assistance and guidance to database users on the team.
- Evaluate emerging technologies/libraries and provide recommendations.
- Work closely with front-end developers, data scientists, and project managers to provide data retrieval solutions.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience with database schema design and database implementation
- Familiarity with database management systems such as MS SQL Server, Postgres, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in a DBA or similar role
- Experience with RDS
- Experience with Django