Golden, CO /
Flight Systems – Hardware Production (Operations) /
Wanna join the adventure?
You will be the hands on support, working with our AIT Engineers towards successful drawing and manufacturing designs that equate to the build up and test of Loft's Spacecraft and various test equipment, GSE, and simulators. You are the point of contact for activities on the laboratory and manufacturing floor, ensuring the operations and proper support material are ready to execute. This includes hardware support and creation, hands-on lab activities, and support testing at the GSE level. Although very hands-on in assembly and test of the hardware, you are also the check and balance to the engineer, owning the activities and showing pride in ownership.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Use tools, measurement and test equipment to build and verify products (e.g., soldering irons, crimpers, torque wrenches, calipers, meters, microscopes, etc…)
- Manage tools, hardware and inspection activities on the production floor to create a safe and organized environment for product actualization.
- Document production/test processes and assist with development/optimization of build and test procedures, production standards, and product designs.
- Contribute to culture centered around quality workmanship and skills development
- Troubleshoot issues identified in product build and supply and/or execute recommendations for resolution
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to interpret & work from engineering drawings & 3D models.
- Solid computer skills and familiarity with controlled designs and processes
- Hands-on experience with flight hardware with an emphasis on electrical OR mechanical, with a strong understanding of the other
- Meticulously detail orientated and pride in ownership of work performed
Nice to Haves:
- RF products/tools/test experience
- SW/Programming experience (Python preferred)
- A&P License
- IPC and/or J-STD certifications for Polymerics, Soldering and/or Cable/Harness Assembly
- Certified forklift and/or crane operator
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts offered with an employer contribution to the HSA
- 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for primary caregiver and 10 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
$48,000 - $104,000 a year
State law requires us to tell you the base compensation range for this role, which is $48,000 - $104,000 USD per year, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The salary range for this role is intentionally wide as we evaluate individuals based on their unique experience and abilities to fit our needs. Most importantly, we are excited to meet you, and see if you are a great fit for our team. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy.
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.