Embedded Software Validation Engineer
Loft Orbital's mission is to make space simple for organizations that need to collect information about the Earth. We operate rideshare satellites where multiple customer sensors are flown on a single spacecraft platform. As a member of our Payload Interface and Control Unit (PICU) team, you will be helping build the hardware and software interfaces that enable us to host and operate a wide range of payload types on our satellites.
The PICU is a high-reliability flight hardware unit with a continuous operation profile. It’s responsible for command and data handling for the payloads onboard the satellite, and must support a wide array of hardware and software interfaces. The PICU supports ground- and space-based re-programmability. Loft Orbital utilizes the latest technology available for the PICU, including a mix of existing and next-generation component and processor technology.
Debugs spacecraft embedded software designs through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and meet quality requirements. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure correct functionality, determine root causes of failures and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Scrappy and inventive, you’ll be building the infrastructure Loft will be using for years;
- Accountable, autonomous, and able to take full ownership of projects;
- Prepared to be challenged and sometimes work out of your comfort zone;
- Awareness and understanding of mission-critical, high-reliability and “always on” software and related hardware;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, results oriented
Must Have 4+ Years of Experience in
- Developing, reviewing, and implementing test plans from scratch;
- Extensive experience in Python and Jupyter Notebooks;
- Validation of embedded platforms - this role is a combined approach to hardware and software QA;
Nice to Haves
- Experience in C and C++ and preferably one other structured language (non-scripted);
- Experience with SEU mitigation mechanisms;
- Experience with local and remote debugging tools and concepts;
- Experience building or leading a Software QA team for embedded systems