Virtual Mission Manager
San Francisco / Golden, CO
Integration – Software Integration /
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Loft Orbital’s mission is to to simplify access to space, streamlining the process to develop and deploy mission tasking to our space infrastructure.
As a Virtual Mission Manager, you will lead the development of these missions, working with our customers to scope, plan, test, and deploy their applications on orbit. The ideal candidates have a dedication to excellence, excitement for space operations, and a passion for customer success.
You’ll provide extreme clarity to our internal teams, focusing their efforts on efficient solutions to achieve mission success. You will use your leadership skills, technical aptitude, and programmatic judgement to drive win-win solutions. Your ability to predict issues and see around corners will help us stay ahead of the curve and mitigate risks. And you’ll partner with our Customer Operations team to ensure a smooth transition from mission development to on-orbit operations and, ultimately, achieve mission success.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Assess scope, level of effort, and risk of developing and deploying software-based customer missions
- Develop mission development plans and schedules
- Organize, task, and lead the mission development team
- Oversee mission deployment and successful transition to customer operations
- Report internally and externally on mission development status, issues, and risks
- Organize and lead customer meetings and technical exchanges
- Technical project, program, or mission management experience working with cross-functional development teams
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills in a technical environment
- Ability to operate proactively and autonomously with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to filter, distill, and communicate key information for the right audience and craft effective communication artifacts
- Knowledge of satellite on-orbit operations and mission sets
- Experience with software development and deployment
Nice to Haves:
- Specific experience in embedded software development and deployment in an operational environment
- Work with international teams and customers
- Hands-on experience in satellite on-orbit operations
- Experience with edge or cloud computing systems
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more satellite payload applications: communication, sensing, imaging, etc…
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts offered with an employer contribution to the HSA
- 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for primary caregiver and 10 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
$110,000 - $180,000 a year
State law requires us to tell you the base compensation range for this role, which is $120,000 - $180,000 per year in California and $110,000 - $160,000 per year in Colorado - determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The salary range for this role is intentionally wide as we evaluate individuals based on their unique experience and abilities to fit our needs. Most importantly, we are excited to meet you, and see if you are a great fit for our team. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy.
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.