Payload AIT Engineer
Loft Orbital's mission is to make space simple for organizations that need to collect information about the Earth. We operate rideshare satellites where multiple customer sensors are flown on a single spacecraft platform.
The Payload AIT Engineer is the technical interface between Loft Orbital and our payload customers before and throughout the AIT process. The Payload AIT Engineer will be responsible for detailed technical interactions with our payload customers to ensure that our customers' payloads are ready for a smooth successful AIT with Loft’s Payload Hub, our universal interface that allows different type of payloads to be integrated on a variety of standard satellite buses. You will work with customers from the finalization of requirements until launch and provide in-orbit operations support.
You will work closely with our customers to review and verify payload ICDs. tests plans and test results and witness and participate in select test campaigns.
You will work with Loft Orbital’s engineering and mission management teams to verify units and systems from both a development and operational point of view through preparation, implementation, and participation in electrical, functional and environmental testing for Loft Orbital's flight items.
- Scrappiness, resourcefulness and a passion for working hard and learning fast
- 5+ years in the aerospace industry in a similar position
- An electrical engineering background, or experience testing electrical subsystems on a spacecraft
- Experience at a small company or start up
- Experience with a variety of payload types and interfaces
- Experience in AIT campaigns for small satellite missions