Director of People Ops, Europe
Operations - Business – HR & Recruiting /
Wanna Join the adventure?
Loft Orbital's mission is to make space simple for organizations that need to collect information about the Earth. We provide space infrastructure as a service where multiple customer payloads are flown on a single spacecraft platform through Loft's in-house Payload Accommodation Module.
As our first dedicated People Ops Director in Europe, you will help enable the teams directly responsible for engineering and delivering our space infrastructure. You will partner closely with our US-based VP People, our GM of Europe, and other leaders to define and execute our People strategy in Europe. You’ll have broad and direct responsibility for European people operations, workplace experience, HR/compliance, business partnership, performance management, learning and development, and diversity and inclusion. You’ll partner closely with our recruiting team to support and enable their delivery of a best-in-class candidate experience and create a seamless handoff to your team’s best-in-class employee experience. And most importantly, you’ll build strong and trusted partnerships with your peers across the business to deliver people programming that aligns with our values and unique culture that is Loft!
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Lead, coach, and develop our EU-based people team, supporting them on all People/HR matters and working alongside them to build our foundational people processes into scalable and repeatable systems to support
- In partnership with your team, create and expand on HR tools, policies, and processes; advise people managers on FR/EU employment laws, benefits & compensation, etc.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders and your team to design and deliver talent development programs by identifying opportunities to create, implement, and standardize performance management, coaching, and training to support the growth and development of our people
- Design and implement systems to measure the success of our people processes in Europe; maintain KPI and operational metrics for employee satisfaction, retention, succession planning, etc.
- Collaborate with the people team and department leaders to champion our culture in Europe, helping and guiding our employees and leaders through rapid change and expansion
- Proactively surface and solve complex and cross-functional issues before they create challenges for employees and managers.
- Drive a culture of continuous process improvement and ensure process design and implementation of technology-enabled processes that drive efficiency for the People team.
- 10+ years of experience managing people/HR operations for a tech company in a global environment; startup/scaling experience is ideal.
- 5+ years of experience leading a People team with a hands-on, mentoring management style while being focused on results and thriving in a rapidly changing and competitive environment
- Proven track record of building and improving employee experience
- Ability to build trusted relationships at all levels of an organization
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing business priorities
- Exemplifies resilience and forward-thinking approach
- Experience in the French operations of a US HQ company (knowledge of other European countries is desired)
- Recruiting experience is a plus
- Fluent in English and French with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of and experience in HR standards, laws, processes and systems (including but not limited to HRIS/HCM, ATS).
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to identify metrics and data to back up your strategy and ideas
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Equity, we want you to have an active role in our success
- Up to 35 days of Paid Time Off (vacations & RTT ) and flexible working hours, we want you to be at your best
- Health and life insurance, we care about your health
- Lunch Vouchers, because let’s be honest, we love food! (we even have a slack channel about it #loft-gourmand)
- Cross-office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse to learn from our differences
- Company and team off-sites and many other events to work & celebrate together
- Relocation assistance to Toulouse when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.