Full Stack Developer (Toulouse)
About Loft Orbital
Loft Orbital was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Boulder,
Colorado and Toulouse, France. Our mission is to make space simple for our customers: we operate
microsatellites and fly customer payloads onboard, as a service. Our standard interface and software products
reduce the complexity and shorten the lead time our customers typically face in deploying assets in orbit.
Our unique business model is redefining how businesses and governments access space and use it to collect
information and intelligence about the world. We have grown our customer base quickly and have our first
two first satellite missions launching in 2020. Soon after, we will offer a regular cadence of quarterly launches.
Following our recent $13M Series A funding round, we established a European office in Toulouse to develop key
technologies such as a digital platform for better designing, integrating, and operating satellites in orbit.
As a member of the new R&D center in Toulouse you will be in charge of architecting a centralized datalake
that aggregates data from design, assembly, test and in-orbit operations.
This will serve as a foundation for developing a large range of applications to smooth and optimize the
different phases of satellite engineering.
In addition to your role as a lead developer of this system, you will help recruit and manage a small team of
developers to work on this product.
- Set-up back-end architecture of datalake
- Develop web applications and API
- Support technologies selection
- Support technical screening of candidates to join the development team
- Support technical decisions with the San Francisco software team
Back-end Must Haves:
- Advanced experience with the Django Framework
- Advanced experience with Hadoop (HDFS, Spark, Flume, Hbase)
- Deep understanding of the REST and GraphQL paradigms
- Experience using WebSocket
Back-end Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with authentication mechanisms (OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, etc.) and associated
- concepts (JWT, ...)
- At ease with the Node.js stack (Express.js, etc.)
- Some experience with the Graphene / DRF libraries
Front-end Must Haves:
- Advanced experience with Vue.js/Vuex or React/Redux
- Familiarity with the SASS or LESS preprocessors
- Thorough knowledge of build systems (Webpack)
Front-end Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Typescript
- Knowledge of libraries like OpenLayers, CesiumJS, ...
- Bonus: Can design UI assets (using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, ...)
General Must Haves:
- Advanced Python 3 skills (sync/async paradigms, testing, packaging, ...)
- Networking skills (TCP/UDP, IP, proxy, VPN, ...)
- Database setup and management skills (PostgreSQL, Redis, ...)
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Version control (git) and continuous integration tools (GitLab CI, Jenkins, Travis CI, ...)
- Experience building services that leverage cloud-based infrastructure (GCP, AWS, ...)
- Comfortable with Docker containers
- Deep understanding of the Linux concepts
General Nice to Haves:
- Used to working with Agile methods
- Familiarity with data normalization concepts
- Has used PaaS in the past (Google App Engine or Amazon Elastic Beanstalk)
- Some experience with Kubernetes