Backend Developer (Toulouse)
About Loft Orbital
Loft Orbital was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Boulder, Colorado and Toulouse, France. Our mission is to make space simple for our customers: we operate microsatellites and fly customer payloads onboard, as a service. Our standard interface and software products reduce the complexity and shorten the lead time our customers typically face in deploying assets in orbit.
Our unique business model is redefining how businesses and governments access space and use it to collect information and intelligence about the world. We have grown our customer base quickly and have our first two first satellite missions launching in 2020. Soon after, we will offer a regular cadence of quarterly launches.
Following our recent $13M Series A funding round, we established a European office in Toulouse to develop key technologies such as a digital platform for better designing, integrating, and operating satellites in orbit.
As a member of the new R&D center in Toulouse you will be in charge of developing several web applications around a centralized datalake that aggregates data from design, assembly, test and in-orbit operations.
This will serve as a foundation for developing a large range of applications to smooth and optimize the different phases of satellite engineering.
- Set-up back-end architecture of datalake
- Support technologies selection
- Support technical screening of candidates to join the development team
- Support technical decisions with the San Francisco software team
- Strongly interact with Product Owner
- Advanced knowledge of Python (>=3.5) : experienced with pytest, asyncio, typing, …)
- Advanced knowledge of Django (>=3) : experienced with the ORM, DRF, query optimization, …)
- Advanced Hadoop (HDFS, Spark, Flume, Hbase)
- Experience using WebSocket
- Deep understanding of the REST API design and implementation
- Familiarity with authentication mechanisms (OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, etc.) and associated concepts (JWT, …)
- At ease with the Node.js stack (Express.js, etc.)
- Comfortable with Docker containers
- Version control (git) and continuous integration tools (GitLab CI, Jenkins, Travis CI, …)
- Deep understanding of the MacOS / Linux concepts
Nice skills to have
- Networking skills (TCP/UDP, IP, proxy, VPN, …)
- Database setup and management skills (PostgreSQL, Redis, …)
- Pub/Sub (Kafka)
- Some experience with Kubernetes
- Skills in C++
- Used to working with Agile methods
- Familiarity with data normalization concepts
- Has used PaaS in the past (Google App Engine or Amazon Elastic Beanstalk)