Processing Backend Engineer
Logikcull’s mission is to democratize discovery. We are on our way to disrupting a $50B industry by innovating how organizations consume our platform through a Pay-as-you-Go, self service model.
Traditionally, eDiscovery has been addressed through cumbersome, complicated and expensive software solutions, which the legal community has tolerated as ”good enough” for decades. Logikcull realized that there was a better way to make organizations more efficient, accomplish more with less, and save enormous amounts of money in the process. Our secure, cloud-based solution helps corporate legal departments, law firms and other organizations of all sizes solve the expensive, complex, and risky challenges associated with disputes and investigations. With Logikcull, you can start a discovery project in five seconds, from anywhere at any time on any device. Reviewing data is as easy as performing a Google search. And in Logikcull, your data is always secure. That's why we’re trusted by over 1,000 companies across the Fortune 500, Am Law 200, and governments of the biggest cities in the world.
What we need:
We are looking for a talented and passionate processing backend engineer who is experienced with Ruby and even better at taking on challenges. You should be hungry to learn and grow because our system is unique and will take your skills to the next level. We are looking for a team player who will ask questions and push to get to answers without ego. You will need to be flexible and work in an ever-changing environment. Finally, you will thrive if you are someone who can balance working independently as well as jumping into pairing sessions with another engineer to really dig for the best solution to a problem. Bonus points if you have experience working in highly parallel data processing as well as integrating with third party apis like Box, DropBox and Office 365.
Our current stack includes: Ruby, Java, Kotlin, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis and MySQL, all running in AWS.
What you’ll do
- You will work on our processing pipeline handling billions of documents and terabytes of data
- You will work with parts of core pipeline to do data transformations, security, and ocr utilities to make data searchable
- You’ll be responsible for writing clean, modular, maintainable code within our codebase
- You are able to take and carry it through to a thoughtful and polished end result with good test coverage
- Work with our amazing Customer Success team to make our customers love us with features and reported issues
- You will help the pipeline team work on connecting our pipeline to external services such as Box and Dropbox
- You will review code written by other engineers and provide useful and honest feedback
- You will participate in on-call rotations and work effectively and collaboratively during site outages
- You have 2-5 years of professional experience in Ruby in a production environment
- You understand how to navigate and interact with Linux shells preferably in a production environment
- You have experience with integrating with 3rd party APIs in a production environment including file hosting services such as S3, Box, DropBox and Google Drive
- You are hungry to learn and grow in your skills
- You view code testing as more than just a checkbox to release
- You are comfortable working outside of frameworks and inside large code bases of pure Ruby
- You are someone who does not wait idly, you dive in and help
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are a problem solver who understands the problem before trying to solve the problem
- You are able to think critically and gather data to constructively support your position
- You thrive in fast moving environments without need for constant supervision
- Logikcull’s mission and values speak to you and you feel could inspire you to do your best work
- Your gif game is strong and you know just the right clip in any situation
- Ability to work from home with a reliable internet connection and a distraction-free environment
- [Bonus] Bending Mongo to your will
- [Bonus] Experience in data pipelines
Characteristics we seek:
- Smart, and not arrogant
- Humble, and hard working
- Entrepreneurial, not risk-averse
- Nice, and not disingenuous
- Grit, and lots of it!
Our core values:
- Start with the why
- Put the customer first
- Pursue powerful simplicity
- Do the right thing
- Be S.H.E.N.G. (see characteristics above)
Logikcull is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.