What we need
We are seeking a staff accountant who is excited to join a scrappy finance team within an even scrappier startup looking to change the way legal discovery is done. This team member would help round out our amazing squad, be involved in key accounting processes right away, and have the opportunity to flex their critical thinking skills to help the ongoing improvement of the department as a whole. A great opportunity to get in on the ground level and grow professionally as Logikcull accelerates our growth now and in the future!
Logikcull’s mission is to democratize the complex, expensive and risky process of legal discovery. By empowering organizations of all kinds with our powerfully simple, self-serve model and pay-as-you-go pricing, we’re disrupting an $80 billion dollar industry, helping ensure that people and businesses get a fair shake in our legal system, and making access to information fast and affordable for all.
Less than 2% of all legal disputes in the United States go to trial. Instead, the vast majority of litigation and investigations are resolved through the slow, insecure and ludicrously expensive process of discovery -- an institution so antiquated and clumsy, it’s still referred to as “eDiscovery.” Logikcull is the Spotify to eDiscovery’s clunky phonograph records; the Uber to its disjointed fleet of high-priced cabs. We empower people and organizations of all stripes to navigate the typically onerous, vendor-driven eDiscovery process with powerfully simple cloud-based software that anyone, anywhere can use at any time to find, review and share discovery information fast, easily and at a fraction of the cost. That’s why Logikcull is the preferred solution of more than 1500 organizations in 40+ countries, including more than 600 law firms, dozens of Fortune 500 companies, some of the most well-respected non-profits, and leading government entities like the cities of New York, Chicago and Boston.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and improve the AP process by maintaining relationships with our vendors and working in Bill.com to accurately process invoices in a timely manner
- Be the point of contact for reviewing, processing and recording employee expense reimbursements
- Review bank deposits related to customer payments, verify and record accurate deposits in Netsuite on a weekly basis
- Support AR Coordinator and the sales team on the monthly billing process, collections, and addressing customer cases on an as-needed basis
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager and Senior Accountant playing a vital role in month/quarter year end close processes
- Lead or assist on special projects as needed (e.g. audits, tax and compliance filings, system implementation, process improvement, and documentation).
- A commitment to excellence, an ‘anything is possible’ attitude, and a strong bias to action
- 1+ years of experience in an operational accounting role
- Experience with NetSuite, bill.com, & Salesforce preferred
- Experience working in a fast paced, growth stage startup environment preferred
- Proficiency in Excel a huge plus (e.g. advanced formulas, macros, and pivot tables)
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to foresee potential roadblocks and proactively overcome them
- Understanding of, and ability to apply, accounting concepts in accordance with GAAP
- Willingness to get down in the weeds when necessary, no job too big or small
- A self starter with a desire to grow professionally within a growing organization
- Ability to work from home with a reliable internet connection and distraction-free environment
Characteristics we seek:
- Smart, and not arrogant
- Humble, and hard working
- Entrepreneurial, not risk-averse
- Nice, and not disingenuous
- Grit, and lots of it!
Our core values:
- Start with the why
- Put the customer first
- Pursue powerful simplicity
- Do the right thing
- Be S.H.E.N.G. (see characteristics above)
- Logikcull covers 99% of medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and dependents
- 401K plus matching
- Equity in a growing startup
- Flexible PTO
- 100% remote/distributed workforce in US, Canada and UK
- Phone and Internet subsidy
- New Baby program including 14 weeks for birth parent, 8 weeks for non birth parent(s), two weeks of meals and house cleaning services
- Unlimited reimbursement for professional books & annual stipend for conferences / higher education
- Peer recognition program (called LogikProps) with accumulated points to be cashed in for gift cards, merchandise, cash, or donated to worthy cause
- Membership to Calm, a meditation app
- Half-day Fridays!
Logikcull is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.