Boston, MA /
Get in on the ground floor at one of Boston's top startups and help us solve a huge challenge for developers and product teams - understanding customer experience. LogRocket is the first system that gives these teams complete visibility into their customer's experience using their web apps - through pixel-perfect replays of user sessions and clear insight into logs, errors and network activity. We've already attracted an elite roster of customers (Reddit, Twitch, Airbnb) and we've raised over $30M from top investors including Battery Ventures and Matrix Partners.
If you’d like to join in on our mission of making every experience on the web as perfect as possible, while taking on massive ownership over your work and helping scale LogRocket to be a pillar in the Boston tech community - we’d love to speak with you!
About the Role
This is a great opportunity for a Staff Accountant to take the next step in their career to grow and be mentored amidst a fast-paced growing environment. The Staff Accountant will play a pivotal role in ensuring the day to day accounting function runs efficiently and accurately, allowing the company to continue to scale operations in a high-growth phase.
Reporting to the Controller, The Staff Accountant will own and improve upon the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable function, communicating with our customers and vendors to ensure timely payment and collections. A successful candidate will be comfortable wearing many hats within the accounting team and be willing to roll up their sleeves to support a high-growth fast-paced organization.
What you'll do
- Assist with Month End Close Process, including: Posting of journal entries, reconciling some balance sheet accounts, maintaining accruals, and monthly and quarterly flux analysis
- Monitor company bank account balances
- Manage and track company credit card transactions
- Own the Accounts Receivable / Collections function
- Own the Accounts Payable Function
- Assist with Customer Vendor Registration Forms & Requests
- Assist with the Payroll Expense Reimbursements
- Assist with FP&A monthly/quarterly analysis
- Assist with related special projects as required, including gathering and providing support during the annual year-end audit
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
What we look for
- 2-3 years experience in a Staff Accountant role (Start-up experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP)
- Proven ability to thrive within a fast-paced organization
Benefits & Perks
- Catered lunch throughout the week and a fully stocked kitchen with all your favorite snacks (healthy AND un-healthy) when we’re back in the office
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it, no strings attached
- Extensive Health, Dental, Vision benefits paid for by us, along with 401k and Commuter benefits
- Generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Regular team outings and activities (craft nights, boat cruises, excursions out of the city, and many more!)
- Flexible working hours and location
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Founded in 2016, LogRocket's goal is to make every experience on the web as perfect as possible. Today, our team is a diverse group that brings an eclectic set of experiences from Google, Meteor, Drift, HubSpot, MIT, and Columbia. We enjoy eating lunch together in our airy Downtown Crossing office, learning at our show-and-tell sessions, and hosting our friends during #logrocketeer events. We focus on building our software with care and craftsmanship — our engineering blog posts offer a taste of that — and we welcome talented people from all backgrounds. Many of us have important spaces in our lives, whether it be family, social organizations, schools, or former companies, and we're doing all we can to make LogRocket another one.
Backed by top investors Matrix Partners and Battery Ventures, we're on a mission to improve society's experience with software.
LogRocket is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.