VP of Finance
Boston, MA or Remote - US /
Founded in 2016, LogRocket's goal is to make every experience on the web as perfect as possible. We're solving a huge challenge for product managers and developers - understanding the user experience. LogRocket is the first system that gives these teams complete visibility into their customer's experience using their web apps - through pixel-perfect replays of user sessions and clear insight into logs, errors, and network activity. We've already attracted an elite roster of over 2,500 customers including Reddit, Ikea, and Airbnb, just to name a few. Our focus is on building software with care and craftsmanship and our engineering blog posts offer a taste of that.
Backed by top investors such as Matrix Partners, Battery Ventures, and Delta-V Capital, we've raised $55M in funding and we're eager to bring talented people onboard to support our growth. We're on a mission to improve society's experience with software and that's where you come in.
The VP of Finance will join our executive team to help drive LogRocket’s growth into the future. This person will be responsible for developing and directing our analytical and financial plans. The VP of Finance will use their strong analytical and strategic background to optimize our growth and reach our revenue goals.
- Work with the executive team and board of directors to measure and optimize the financial performance of LogRocket, ensuring we hit our revenue targets
- Partner closely with Sales and Marketing to optimize growth among current and potential customers
- Understand the unique levers of our business and how to pull them to drive impact and growth
- Own the financial model, forecasting, cash vs. burn, and cap table
- Use data to inform decisions on growth areas such as geographies, segments, and partnerships
- Design and build reporting systems for senior leadership and other departments to accurately track SaaS KPIs including churn and expansion
- Prepare analyses, summaries and reports of financial data on the operating progress of the company
- Routinely review revenue cycle metrics to proactively identify and address issues affecting overall performance
- 8+ years relevant work experience in startups, venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or a related field
- Strong working knowledge of SaaS metrics and business fundamentals
- Strong working knowledge of pricing for SaaS businesses, including bundling, packaging, payment terms, and discounting
- Strong ability to synthesize data and information from a variety of sources and translate into effective actionable plans and presentations
- Working knowledge of accounting, corporate finance, bookkeeping, contracts, and other operational areas
- Approach problems from a first-principles mindset, looking to understand the root of what we are trying to accomplish before we build a solution
- Empathetic, low-ego leader who can recruit, manage, and retain a strong team of finance professionals
- Clear, concise, and thoughtful written and verbal communication skills
Benefits and Perks
- Extensive health, dental, and vision benefits
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it, no strings attached
- Three months of fully-paid parental leave to any employee welcoming a child into their home
- 401k and commuter benefits
- Generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Regular team outings and activities
- Flexible working hours and location
- Monthly employee gifts
- For those in office, catered lunches throughout the week and a fully stocked kitchen with all your favorite snacks (healthy & non-healthy)
Even if you don’t meet all of the listed requirements, we still encourage you to apply. We believe learning is a vital component of success in any role here at LogRocket, and we’re happy to chat with folks from non-traditional backgrounds for our open roles.
LogRocket is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
LogRocket will consider sponsoring visas for applicants in the US that need work authorization.