Content Marketing Associate
Boston, MA /
Get in on the ground floor at a top, fast-paced startup and help solve a huge challenge for product managers and developers: understanding customer experience. We're looking for a highly motivated individual to join the content team at LogRocket. At 2M monthly page views, our blog is one of LogRocket's most important assets and we need your help managing it.
As the seventh member of the content team, you will focus will be editorial, including publishing, sharing, and measuring the effectiveness of content marketing initiatives, maintaining a reliable editorial calendar, and managing and recruiting dozens of freelance writers. You will work directly with the blog’s managing editor.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic editor who can help produce high-quality content that will help us develop meaningful connections with frontend developers. This is not a job for general marketers or “storytellers”, but it is a great place to begin your content career.
- Manage day-to-day production and blog operations. This means directing traffic with writers and making sure they deliver on time, coordinating with illustrators to make sure those posts have images, field pitches, edit posts, post posts, etc.
- Be a distribution machine. We think we know what we’re doing — tell us what else we should try
- Identify new topics for our writers to work on and always have an answer for “What should I write about?”
- Help develop messaging and editorial guidelines to drive consistency among contributors
- BA/BS degree and 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience successfully managing freelancers and an editorial calendar
- Strong project management skills and an understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what our audiences read, why they read it, and how to create similar content
- An understanding of SEO, inbound and content marketing strategies, content categorization, development, distribution, and measurement
- Ability to share a few writing samples
- BA in English
- Frontend development experience
- Startup experience
- Basic photography, photo editing and video skills are a plus
- Applicants must be able to work out of our Boston, MA office
Benefits & Perks
- Catered lunch throughout the week and a fully stocked kitchen with all your favorite snacks (healthy AND non-healthy)
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it, no strings attached
- Extensive Health, Dental, Vision benefits paid for by us, along with 401k and Commuter benefits
- Generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Regular team outings and activities (craft nights, boat cruises, excursions out of the city, and many more!)
- Flexible working hours and location
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
LogRocket was founded in 2016 by Matthew Arbesfeld and Ben Edelstein, a computer science duo who have been building products together since the 3rd grade. Frustrated by how difficult it was to understand their customers' experiences, Arbesfeld and Edelstein set out towards an audacious goal: make every experience on the web as perfect as possible.
Our team is a diverse group who bring an eclectic set of experiences from Google, Meteor, Drift, HubSpot, MIT and Columbia. We enjoy lunch together every day in our airy downtown Boston office, learning more about each other at our Show and Tells, and hosting our friends during #logrocketeer events. We focus on building our software with care and craftsmanship -- our engineering blog posts give you a taste of that -- and we welcome talented people from all backgrounds. Many of us have important spaces in our lives -- whether it be family, social organizations, schools, or former companies -- and we're doing all we can to make LogRocket another one.
LogRocket is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.