Back-end Services Engineer
LogRocket's mission is to help engineering and product teams create more perfect experiences for their customers. By recording videos of user session, along with logs and network data, LogRocket intelligently highlights UX issues and surfaces the root cause of every bug.
In this role, you'll architect and build the system that processes millions of events per day for LogRocket, our service for understanding front-end issues. You'll ship enhancements to our backend within the first few weeks as you come up to speed, then take on the design, delivery, monitoring and maintenance of entire parts of our backend stack.
We are currently doubling in usage every few weeks. It's a great time to join.
- Design a queue system that can dynamically scale to millions of events per second.
- Implement a search backend that allows users to search in real-time across millions of log entries.
- Build a machine learning pipeline that automatically detects bugs in our users' apps.
What We Look For
- You're familiar with the state of the art in cloud technologies, including both the architectural principles and the specific tools of the trade and their strengths and weaknesses.
- You have some experience operating applications with demanding scalability or availability requirements.
- You have a strong understanding of performance, architecture, and cost of cloud systems.
- You're a strong collaborator, transparent about your progress on tasks. You seek feedback early and often and work effectively with the team.
- You deliver on your engineering estimates.
LogRocket was founded in 2016 by Matthew Arbesfeld and Ben Edelstein, a computer science duo who have been building products together since the 3rd grade. Frustrated by how difficult it was to understand their customers' experiences, Arbesfeld and Edelstein set out towards an audacious goal: make every experience on the web as perfect as possible.
Our team is a diverse group who bring an eclectic set of experiences from Google, Meteor, Drift, HubSpot, MIT and Columbia. We enjoy lunch together in our airy Downtown Crossing office, learning at our Show and Tells, and hosting our friends during #logrocketeer events. We focus on building our software with care and craftsmanship -- our engineering blog posts give you a taste of that -- and we welcome talented people from all backgrounds. Many of us have important spaces in our lives -- whether it be family, social organizations, schools, or former companies -- and we're doing all we can to make LogRocket another one.
Backed by top investors Matrix Partners and Battery Ventures, we're on a mission to improve society's experience with software.