Developer Experience Engineer
Boston, MA or Remote /
Get in on the ground floor at one of Boston's top startups and help us solve a huge challenge for developers and product teams: understanding the customer experience. LogRocket is the first system that gives these teams complete visibility into their customer's experience through pixel-perfect replays of user sessions and clear insight into logs, errors, and network activity. We've already attracted an elite roster of customers such as Reddit, Bloomberg, and NBC and raised over $30M from top investors, including Battery Ventures and Matrix Partners, to continue building a world-class product and team.
If you’d like to join in on our mission of making every experience on the web as perfect as possible — all while taking ownership over your work and helping scale LogRocket to be a pillar in the Boston tech community — we’d love to speak with you!
About The Role
We’re looking to bring aboard our first Developer Experience Engineer to engage with a growing community of frontend developers and build targeted integrations to meet their needs. LogRocket tracks millions of events across our customers’ web applications to help product teams quickly identify and squash any bugs or errors that arise. We want to empower our customers to record the data they care about, including framework and library specific data.
- Build and maintain open-source plugins that simplify data collection for LogRocket customers
- Add features to our SDK to simplify the creation of plugins
- Help our product team identify new areas of innovation in the frontend space
- Review internal and external contributions to LogRocket frontend repositories
- You enjoy writing and can explain complex concepts to users
- You are a champion of open source and are comfortable managing multiple open source projects
- You care deeply about privacy and understand the need for privacy preserving features
- You understand supply chain security vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them
- You favor simple, stable APIs over complex, frequently evolving ones
Benefits & Perks
- Catered lunch throughout the week and a fully stocked kitchen with all your favorite snacks (healthy AND non-healthy)
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it, no strings attached
- Extensive Health, Dental, Vision benefits paid for by us, along with 401k and Commuter benefits
- Generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Regular team outings and activities (craft nights, boat cruises, excursions out of the city, and many more!)
- Flexible working hours and location
- Three months of fully-paid parental leave to any employee welcoming a child into their home.
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Founded in 2016, LogRocket's goal is to make every experience on the web as perfect as possible. Today, our team is a diverse group that brings an eclectic set of experiences from Google, Meteor, Drift, HubSpot, MIT, and Columbia. We enjoy eating lunch together in our airy Downtown Crossing office, learning at our show-and-tell sessions, and hosting our friends during #logrocketeer events. We focus on building our software with care and craftsmanship — our engineering blog posts offer a taste of that — and we welcome talented people from all backgrounds. Many of us have important spaces in our lives, whether it be family, social organizations, schools, or former companies, and we're doing all we can to make LogRocket another one.
Backed by top investors Matrix Partners and Battery Ventures, we're on a mission to improve society's experience with software.
LogRocket is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.