Boston, MA /
LogRocket's mission is to help engineering and product teams create excellent experiences for their customers. By recording videos of user session, along with logs and network data, LogRocket intelligently highlights UX issues and surfaces the root cause of every bug.
In this role, you'll join our core engineering team that architects and builds the system that processes millions of events per day for LogRocket, our service for understanding frontend issues. We've nearly doubled our team this year and are now looking for an Engineering Manager to guide the continued growth and development of our engineering organization. You'll ship enhancements and new functionality to our backend as you come up to speed, then take on ownership over managing, hiring and developing a world-class engineering team.
We recently raised a $15M Series B and are currently doubling in usage every few weeks. It's a great time to join!
What You'll Do
- Join our engineering org as a hands-on contributor as you ramp up, then take on direct reports while still developing and maintaining our codebase
- Run 1:1s, develop and implement career paths and unique growth opportunities, and serve as a mentor to members of the engineering org at various levels
- Hire, train and onboard new engineering team members as we look to grow almost 100% YoY
- Technical projects may include: Designing a queue system that can dynamically scale to millions of events per second, implementing a search backend that allows users to search in real time across millions of log entries, and building a machine learning pipeline that automatically detects bugs in our users' apps
What We Look For
- Familiarity with the state of the art in cloud technologies, including architectural principles, specific tools of the trade, and their strengths and weaknesses
- Experience managing an engineering team of 5+ direct reports
- Interest in conducting interviews for engineering and other teams across the organization, and driving hiring decisions
- Some experience operating applications with demanding scalability or availability requirements
- A strong understanding of the performance, architecture, and cost of cloud systems
- A strong collaborator who is transparent about progress on tasks, seeks feedback early and often, works effectively with the team
Benefits & Perks
- Catered lunch throughout the week and a fully stocked kitchen with all your favorite snacks (healthy AND non-healthy)
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it, no strings attached
- Extensive Health, Dental, Vision benefits paid for by us, along with 401k and Commuter benefits
- Generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Regular team outings and activities (craft nights, boat cruises, excursions out of the city, and many more!)
- Flexible working hours and location
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
LogRocket was founded in 2016 by Matthew Arbesfeld and Ben Edelstein, a computer science duo who have been building products together since the 3rd grade. Frustrated by how difficult it was to understand their customers' experiences, Arbesfeld and Edelstein set out towards an audacious goal: make every experience on the web as perfect as possible.
Our team is a diverse group who bring an eclectic set of experiences from Google, Meteor, Drift, HubSpot, MIT and Columbia. We enjoy lunch together every day in our airy downtown Boston office, learning more about each other at our Show and Tells, and hosting our friends during #logrocketeer events. We focus on building our software with care and craftsmanship -- our engineering blog posts give you a taste of that -- and we welcome talented people from all backgrounds. Many of us have important spaces in our lives -- whether it be family, social organizations, schools, or former companies -- and we're doing all we can to make LogRocket another one.
LogRocket is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.