Director of Engineering
Tel Aviv /
Engineering – Engineering /
Logz.io helps cloud-native businesses monitor and secure their environment. Our Open 360™ Platform turns observability from a high-cost, low-value burden to a high-value, cost-efficient enabler of better business outcomes by combining and extending familiar, powerful and relevant Open Source capabilities across Logs, Metrics and Traces – complemented by security monitoring in the form of cloud-based SIEM.
Now developers and engineers can employ an end-to-end, cloud-native observability stack built on scalable and easy-to-use Open Source using a single UI and unified agent – at a cost that anyone can afford. Our customers unlock proactive troubleshooting, faster product delivery and a fully supported SaaS observability platform, all while compounding efficiencies in time and cost.
As Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for the infrastructure components ofLogz.io. This includes high throughput ingestion pipelines, opensearch management services, common microservice and utility libraries as well as the development environment & certain aspects of dev velocity.
- Lead and mentor a group of highly skilled professional backend teams.
- Aspire to hire and grow in-house top talent.
- Maintain a high throughput, multi-region, multi-cloud infrastructure and services that form the Core operation of Logz.io engineering.
- Collaborate with Product Management, the Production team and the Team Leads to build a compelling vision and roadmap for your teams
- Own the team’s services end-to-end ensuring that we are highly available to our customers and support their critical flows
- Work with other Engineering departments and service engineering stakeholders across Logz.io, to drive the team's vision and execution forward in a timely, efficient manner
- Make key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives
- 5+ years of proven hands-on production-grade development experience
- 3+ years of experience in managing high performing engineering teams
- 3+ year of experience in managing managers
- Experience with large-scale SaaS production services and databases
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Kafka)
- Experience with modern technologies and public clouds (Kubernetes, AWS, Azure)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written, in both Hebrew and English
- Committed, striving toward goals and accountable for results
Logz.io’s Culture At Our Core: Companies with strong cultures & values are companies that win which is why at Logz.io we keep it simple with our Core Values & Beliefs:
- Obsess Over Customers
- Act With Courage
- Win As A Team
- Deliver Results
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
If this sounds like you, please join our team!