Senior DevOps Engineer - Enterprise TechOps Team
NYC or SF Bay Area
Business Technology – Business Technology
WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
Our IT department is creating a new Enterprise TechOps team reporting to the Director of IT. This team will be responsible for creating a scalable framework of tools to integrate applications used by Looker, with a particular focus on core IT infrastructure and applications. The output of the team will make systems/processes more efficient, reduce manual, low-value work, and empower Looker employees to work more efficiently, make better decisions, and ultimately lower overall infrastructure spend.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Work with business leadership to identify and prioritize areas of need
- Help build the new team and provide leadership and mentoring for junior team members
- Architect internal core technical services and deliver them with high uptime
- Implement monitoring for the organization that detects service outages and measures the uptime of its most critical technology
- Develop re-usable automated tools for provisioning and service self-healing
- Perform incident resolution and root cause analysis of critical outages
- Architect and Implement solutions, with best practices, to systemic failures
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- CS/CE degree or equivalent technical knowledge
- 5+ years real world experience working in a tech/dev ops organization
- Experience designing and maintaining a cloud based highly-available (HA) architecture
- Extensive experience connecting SaaS and RESTful web service APIs together using home grown tools as well as tools like Zapier, Mulesoft or Boomi
- Strong understanding of databases and web server technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with enterprise SaaS monitoring tools
- Strong scripting skills in Ruby, Python or node.js
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, reliability, performance, and disaster recovery
- Bonus for experience working with Azure AD for SSO/SAML implementations across different applications as well as API integrations with Slack, Bettercloud, G Suite and Namely
- Extra bonus for experience working with GitHub, Jira and/or FreshService
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified Platform for Data that delivers actionable business insights to every employee at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web scale. Over 1600 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Tokyo and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.