Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
San Francisco Bay Area
People & Places
WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
We’re looking for our first Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) leader to help us build and scale our DEI and belonging initiatives at Looker. We’ve done some work in this space but we want to be better.
You will be responsible for the long-term planning and execution of company-wide, strategic DEI initiatives and help translate the initiatives into business-unit specific plans. You will work with executives and people leaders to define strategic objectives as well as how we measure our progress towards accomplishing those objectives. You will also define and implement sustainable practices that allow us to engage and retain a diverse workforce.
You will serve as a champion, strategic partner, and thought leader for DEI by conducting research and benchmarking on D&I best practices and emerging trends that are aligned with Looker’s mission and values. You will also help engage each Looker globally to play a part in furthering our commitment to DEI.
Your role and impact:
We are looking for a results-driven leader with a proven track record of building & executing upon successful DEI programs. The role will own execution of the DEI plan and deliverables as well as having the leadership responsibility of a DEI program manager. If you’re a team player and want to make a difference in the technology industry, this is the role for you! This role will report to Looker's General Counsel who is our DEI Executive Sponsor and can be based out of our San Francisco or Santa Cruz office location.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Own and drive the implementation of the DEI strategy including, but not limited to, the integration into core people and business processes (e.g., recruitment, performance management, learning & development)
- Lead the DEI Committee to create a strategy and implement short- and long-term plans to achieve DEI goals
- Create programs and initiatives to drive the engagement and retention of women and people of color
- Partner with communications to create a plan to build awareness and visibility of DEI progress and programs
- Develop and maintain diversity metrics and scorecard to measure the success of DEI initiatives
- Support leaders in developing and executing on their own DEI goals
- Serve as an advocate for all Lookers and the various communities that make Looker a great place to work
- Partner closely with Human Resources Business Partners, Recruiters, Communications and other internal stakeholders to successfully implement diversity and inclusion programs
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- 3+ years experience implementing diversity and inclusion programs in complex organizations or high-growth tech companies.
- Experience scoping, designing, and implementing successful diversity and inclusion programs
- Hands-on (doer) approach towards building and executing sturdy & scalable diversity and inclusion programs.
- A self-starter who can assess and create impactful solutions.
- Confident and effective communicator. Enjoys writing, presenting and faciliating in group settings.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified Platform for Data that delivers actionable business insights to every employee at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web scale. Over 1600 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Tokyo and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.