Cloud Security Engineer - Dublin
Engineering – All Engineering
WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE’VE GOT GOING ON
Looker is seeking security professionals for the security team to support our rapidly growing business. Our customers entrust us with access to their data. We will not be successful without secure operations. We walk side by side with Operations, Engineering and others. We need to provide a secure experience across a variety of security functions (monitoring, incident response, vulnerability management and endpoint protection). You will have a pivotal role in the security aspects of designing and implementing our next generation cross cloud architecture. You will be doing it in a fast-paced environment where security, reliability and scalability counts. The ideal candidate has experience with a larger production environment and is ready to scale their own responsibilities along with the company.
Our team at Looker is a tight-knit group of high-performers. Simplicity is good. We don’t believe in large teams. We do believe in clear communication and getting things done, right. We make a difference, we make it better and keep iterating.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Build out cloud agnostic security solutions
- Roll out new technology for cloud specific security concerns (governance, admin, etc)
- Support the security of Kubernetes infrastructure
- Create the glue between systems
- Projects around data ingestion and detection
- Automate manual functions and incident response
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- Technical depth, a desire to get things done, and be recognized for your achievements
- Prior Security experience
- Knowledge of Linux
- In-depth exposure to at least one cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Ability to script in a language like Python, Ruby or Perl
- Experience with tool sets relevant to modern cloud operations
- Exposure to Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Able to clearly design and communicate complex solutions and then collaborate on them
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified Platform for Data that delivers actionable business insights to every employee at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web scale. Over 1600 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Tokyo and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.