Engineering, Product, and Design – Engineering
WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
Looker is seeking an experienced Software Quality Engineer to support our rapidly growing business. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Quality Engineers at Looker aren't manual testers; You write code to automate testing and create frameworks and tools so developers can test their own code. You’ll have a pivotal role in designing and implementing test automation systems in a fast-paced environment where everything counts - security, reliability, scalability, and performance. You are passionate about quality and love testing, tuning and analysis through a data driven scientific approach. Delighting the user is front and center of your decision making process on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have defined test strategies for complex products and understands how quality and coverage factors affect unit, integration, functional, UAT, smoke, regression and end-to-end tests.
The engineering team at Looker is a tight-knit group of high-performers. We value simplicity in both our code and our user interfaces. We don’t believe in large teams; we opt for small groups that move fast, communicate clearly, and achieve more. We try to choose the right tool for the job, not one tool to solve all problems. We make a huge impact on product direction, we experiment, and we iterate rapidly.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Be a technical leader locally within the engineering team and globally throughout all of Looker
- Design and develop tools and infrastructure for defining, capturing and analyzing quality metrics and tests
- Customer focus in your decision making with hunger to learn about our customers’ use cases and challenges
- Help us iterate quickly and deliver high-quality software releases, on-time
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and user experience designers to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Be a valued team member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Create interesting experiments during our quarterly hack days
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- Experienced in technical leadership and mentorship of teams
- Knowledge of open source tools and framework around testing
- Well-versed in techniques for automating the testing modern web applications
- Understanding of service based cloud architectures
- Passion for quality and knowledge of what it means to ship high quality code in a fast paced environment
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified Platform for Data that delivers actionable business insights to every employee at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web scale. Over 1600 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Tokyo and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.