People & Places
WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
Looker is seeking an experienced, bright, caring, proactive doer to serve as office manager for our Santa Cruz headquarters and our San Francisco office. This role will make a huge impact on employee experience by overseeing office programs & services, facilities, and the environments we create. You’ll join a team of creative problem solvers who are deeply connected to the people and culture of Looker. The Office Manager is essential in creating an inspiring and fun employee experience. In this multi-faceted role, you will be asked to wear many hats, and relied upon to make Lookerville hum. It might start with something simple, like making sure the lights are on and the kitchens are stocked; and will quickly expand to include planning events for Lookers and scaling previous events for our rapid growth. You are the type of person who takes pride and full ownership in anything and everything that has been entrusted to you. You are resourceful, self-motivated, service-oriented, and eager to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies. You like all challenges -- big and small. You are always ready and willing to help out, and seek opportunities to add value, make an impact and support the success of others. Your raison d’etre - or your reason for being - is to create the physical work environment that allows others to be the best they can be.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Make sure the Looker’s Santa Cruz headquarters and San Francisco offices are functional, cool, inviting, and support the productivity of all Lookers, customers, and guests. If something is amiss, work with the appropriate experts (building owners, plumbers, electricians, IT, shamans, etc) to get it right fast
- Love juggling priorities - from sourcing the coffee of the month to taking the lead role in organizing, planning and flawlessly executing company events and parties in Santa Cruz and San Francisco. You’re a process nerd who loves finding the big and small ways to improve efficiency yet you’re authentic and understand it’s key to bring people along in decision making
- Manage, develop, and support the Santa Cruz Places team. Help develop their capabilities and ensure the team embodies and grows Looker culture
- Partner with our Workplaces Manager to plan for growth on real estate initiatives. Bring your understanding of how people work to ensure that our offices have the the necessary amenities for others to get their job done. This includes making sure we have the right spaces, furniture, equipment, food, and supplies
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- 5+ years of previous administrative experience and strong project management skills
- Stellar collaboration skills – this role touches every part of Looker, so strong and positive collaboration is a must and the ability to build trust
- Creativity and flair – this is an opportunity to place your personal stamp on an awesome company
- Big dreams - you love planning and executing the details to create a vision and you are not afraid to get a little dirty
- Seasoned cat-herding skills - you’ve managed office moves, planned holiday parties, and have an all-hands on deck mentality
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet management, and experience using a Mac, Google Apps and A/V equipment a must
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a complete data platform that offers data analytics and business insights to every department, and easily integrates into applications to deliver data directly into the decision-making process. The company is powering data-driven cultures at more than 1200 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, First Round Capital, Sapphire Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, on Twitter, Facebook, G+ and YouTube.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage like-minded individuals to join us in changing the way businesses use data.