Sales Engineer - NYC
Sales – Sales Engineering
WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
As a key contributor to our Enterprise Sales Engineering team, you’ll serve as a technical champion to uncover true customer needs and demonstrate Looker's powerful value proposition. Working with sales counterparts, you’ll help acquire new customers, expand relationships and drive revenue growth. Your breadth and depth of knowledge in data discovery and analysis will expand significantly, and you’ll help shape the product roadmap. You’ll passionately position Looker as the next generation BI platform. You'll foster Customer Love.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Stand as the technical liaison, collaborate with internal sales, marketing and services teams to develop customized presentations, demos, prototypes and trials
- Contribute to sales scripts, lead customer discovery, implement prototypes, share knowledge expertise, and guide solution development/deployment
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs
- Communicate customer requirements and potential competitor solutions. Provide a strong technical response in aid to customer needs
- Manage customer trials, ensuring that they are engaged with the product, the trial, and moving toward a resulting solution
- Educate technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, architects, and IT professionals
- Keep current on product releases and new features, assist in training new hires and colleagues.
- Document and deliver both product feedback and new requirements from the field
- A deep understanding of the Looker product, working closely with sales to resolve critical technical issues
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- 3 - 5 years pre-sales experience within enterprise SaaS buying environments
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating value of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Ability to influence both technical and executive audiences
- Savvy presentation and demonstration skills, fluidly translating complex technology concepts
- Advocate for team selling, partnering with sales to qualify opportunity and align key customer stakeholders
- Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Available for 25% regional travel
- Team selling is our philosophy - Let’s win together!
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified Platform for Data that delivers actionable business insights to every employee at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web scale. Over 1700 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Tokyo and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.