Enterprise Sales Engineer - NYC
Sales – Sales Engineering
WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
As a key member of our Enterprise Sales Engineering team, you are the technical champion for our prospects and customers. You will work closely with prospects and customers to understand their needs and demonstrate how Looker can add value to their data workflows. You will partner closely with your sales counterparts to acquire new customers, expand relationships and grow revenue within those customers.
Along the way, you will have the opportunity to expand your breadth and depth of knowledge in data discovery and analysis. You’ll help shape our product roadmap based on the needs and requirements of the customers you work with. You will be a partner in upholding the world class Customer Love that Looker was founded on. We know our partnerships with customers are stronger and more successful when we work together.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Learned LookML and become very familiar using Looker as a product for common data analysis use cases.
- Gone through an overview of the Looker ecosystem: our technology partners, our consulting partners, and our competitors
- Shadowed fully-ramped sales engineers through initial deal cycle phases (introductory calls with prospects, product demonstrations)
- Learned and augmented our base product demonstration scripts
- Gone through our mock prospect evaluation scenarios
- Assisted a fully-ramped sales engineer on building out a working Looker prototype for a prospect’s use case
- Presented to internal audiences on your research of a target industry for Looker.
- Learned the product release and feedback process
- Participating in customer meetings
- Leading discovery with prospects to understand data needs
- Educating prospects on how Looker can potentially fit into their data ecosystem and provide value
- Partnering with your account executive to strategize on how to move key accounts forward in the evaluation process
- Serve as the technical liaison, collaborate with internal sales, marketing and services teams to develop customized presentations, demos, prototypes and trials
- Contribute to sales scripts, lead customer discovery, implement prototypes, share knowledge expertise, and guide solution development/deployment
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs
- Communicate customer requirements and potential competitor solutions. Provide a strong technical response to address customer needs
- Manage customer trials, ensuring that they are engaged with the product, the trial, and moving towards realizing business value
- Present technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, architects, and IT professionals
- Keep current on product releases and new features, assist in training new hires and colleagues
- Deliver product feedback and new requirements based on your experiences in the field
- A deep understanding of the Looker product, working closely with sales to resolve critical technical issues
By the end of your first month at Looker, you will have:
By the end of your third month at Looker, you will have:
By the end of your 6th month at Looker, you will be:
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- Minimum 4 years of Enterprise Sales Engineer experience within a software company
- Proficiency with SQL for data analysis
- Available for 25% in-territory travel
- Experience with data-related software, e.g. familiarity with databases, reporting tools, in-application reporting, Excel
- You are an advocate for team selling and have previously partnered with sales to qualify opportunities and align key customer stakeholders
- You have a passion for data
- You have keen analytical and problem solving skills
- You have led presentations to both technical and executive audiences
NICE TO HAVES
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified Platform for Data that delivers actionable business insights to every employee at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web scale. Over 1700 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Tokyo and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.