Senior Product Designer
San Francisco Bay Area
Engineering, Product, and Design – Product Design
WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Looker joined Google Cloud in February 2020.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
Over the past year, our Product Design team has doubled in size and formed dedicated teams, so we’d like to anchor them by adding a Senior Product Designer.
Beyond design work, we’re looking for you to make a positive impact on our company, our product, and above all our customers. If you can give us your best effort, we’ll do everything we can to help you do your best work. We want to hire someone driven to learn new things and share that energy with everyone else.
Our Product Designers work together in small design teams within each product group. These groups are dedicated to specific customer experiences such as modeling, analysis, and more. This gives each designer end-to-end ownership over the quality of that experience.
We also maintain weekly design critiques, a live design system, channels for design discussion, and quarterly get-togethers to help us improve our processes and tooling, and to help boost the quality of our work as a whole.
You’ll be one of the first fifteen people to join Looker’s design team, so you’ll have a hand in shaping what this team and department become. While parts of our team are distributed around the West Coast, we’re looking for this position to be based in either Santa Cruz or San Francisco, California.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Help your team try out new ideas before they build them by sketching, prototyping, and testing early and often
- Apply a variety of tools and techniques well-chosen for each job
- Work with other designers to raise the quality bar and contribute to our design system of components, styles, and interactions
- Advocate design processes, principles, and tools to peers
- Stay connected to your team, help dig into their problems, give constructive critiques, and work through solutions together
- Partner with product managers to define product roadmaps that help the entire team focus and motivate
- Work closely with engineers to build, iterate on, and ship concepts. Follow your work through the last mile with them
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- You’re disciplined, creative, can tell a good story, and have a desire to create
- At least six years’ experience designing software products and a passion for the craft
- Experience designing creation tools and working with data are preferred
- Experience solving interface and interaction problems using tools like Invision, Keynote, and Framer, as well as in the browser
- Experience designing refined, high-fidelity mockups using tools such as Figma and Sketch
- Can think systematically and holistically and attend to details
- You’ve shipped products and experienced their impact
- Strong communication skills. Great writing skills are a must
HOW TO APPLY
- Include work samples and anything else you feel makes you stand out
- Mention [DESIGN] somewhere in your message
- Show us why you’d be a great fit for this job, not just any job!
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified platform that powers data experiences and delivers actionable business insights to employees at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web-scale. Over 2000 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. Looker joined Google Cloud in February 2020. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.