Recruiting Scheduler / Receptionist
People & Places
WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
We are seeking a Recruiting Scheduler/Receptionist for our Santa Cruz headquarters. In this role you will be asked to wear many hats and relied upon to make Looker’s front-of-office and candidate experience shine. You will be expected to be an independent decision-maker and proactive doer. You should feel comfortable balancing the priorities of a busy front-of-office while assisting recruiters, greeting visitors, and scheduling candidates for interviews across the globe. Organization, prioritization, context-shifting, and juggling multiple priorities will be key to your ability to successfully support a hectic headquarters along with the day-to-day needs of the recruiting team and hiring managers across all offices.
You are the type of person who takes pride and full ownership in anything and everything that has been entrusted to you. Your are energized by the challenge of being ahead of what’s going on each day in recruiting, events, and the office. You are high energy, positive, resourceful, self-motivated, service-oriented, and eager to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies. You like all challenges big and small and love to help others. You are always ready and willing to help out, and seek opportunities to add value, make an impact, and support the success of others.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Own the first impression of Looker HQ. Greet guests by name with professionalism while running a busy reception desk including; phones, shipping, mail, calendars, monitoring building access, etc. You’ll work closely with our Places and Admin teams to make sure the lobby is running efficiently and looking its best.
- Help our recruiters be their best. Assist our sales and technical recruiters to coordinate candidates for onsite interviews with speed and efficiency. You’ll be responsible for greeting and hosting the candidate during their onsite interview to ensure a positive experience. Be proactive and look for ways to support the recruiting team and candidates during onsite interviews. You’ll work closely with the recruiting team to constantly refine the interview process and create ease to the Looker team and candidates.
- Be a valued partner across Looker. Partner with Admin team to keep Looker’s culture growing and going strong while responding to the needs of our growing organization. Look for other ways to chip in and do it!
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- 2 - 4 years of previous office experience including coordinating travel
- Communication: comfortable conversing clearly and efficiently with colleagues, C-level executives, customers, and other external contacts. Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Computer: proficient in word processing, spreadsheet management, and proficient in using a Mac computer. Experienced with google applications and A/V equipment a must
- Stellar collaboration skills and follow-through – this role touches every part of Looker, so positive collaboration and the ability to build trust is a must
- Highly skilled in greeting visitors -- poised while managing a busy office environment
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a complete data platform that offers data analytics and business insights to every department, and easily integrates into applications to deliver data directly into the decision-making process. The company is powering data-driven cultures at more than 1200 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, First Round Capital, Sapphire Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, on Twitter, Facebook, G+ and YouTube.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage like-minded individuals to join us in changing the way businesses use data.