Software Developer (Connections Team)
Vancouver Hub /
Engineering, Product & Design – Engineering /
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
Loopio is looking for a supportive and endlessly curious Software Developer to join our talented Software Engineers in our Connections team. You'll be on a mission to bring Loopio features to the other tools our customers already use by building integrations and APIs. If you are an adaptable software engineer who always looks at opportunities to improve your mastery, and enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative environment, you will be successful in this role.
Some of our integrations include:
- Loopio notifications in Slack and Microsoft Teams
- Loopio Library search in Chrome, Slack, and Microsoft Teams
- Loopio Project management in Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with a team of developers to build end-to-end features from scratch that integrate with Loopio’s web platform
- Squash bugs as they come up because you can’t stand messy software
- Collaborate closely with our Product Managers and Product Designers in an agile environment to bring features to life and iterate on them based on our customers' feedback
- Dive into learning new technologies and solving the novel problems that come from integrating with 3rd-party systems
What You'll Bring to the Team
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- A strong understanding of how web applications work with some experience in both the front-end and back-end
- A growing passion for driving processes and building tools for greater productivity
- A “get it done” attitude, but you understand the difference between smart shortcuts and shortcuts that keep phones buzzing all night
- Experience with the following is a nice to have: PHP, React, REST APIs, MySQL
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we've created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you've made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.
Loopio is an equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to building equitable workplaces that are diverse and inclusive. We actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds and lifestyles to consider us as a future employer. Please contact a member of our Talent Experience team (email@example.com) should you require accommodations at any point during our virtual interview processes.