Lead Product Designer
Toronto / Remote /
Engineering, Product & Design – Design /
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam. We root for each other’s success and always remember to take time to celebrate, have fun, and Get Loopi!
This role will be on the project feature team. The Loopio project workspace empowers our customers to collaborate when answering questions during their sales cycles. Our approach makes it simple to convert complex documents and questionnaires into a format that’s easy to work with and our project management tools ensure projects are completed quickly, easily and look their best.
About the Role
As a Lead Product Designer on the Loopio Design team, the opportunity to make a major impact is yours for the taking.
- In addition to being the ambassador of both the Design team and of the customer within your own Agile team, you will contribute to the expansion and evangelization of our design system, Loopui — leveraged by every designer and developer at Loopio.
- You will directly and indirectly impact all corners of the product and our customers’ experiences by way of close collaboration and candid critiques with your peer designers.
- You will partner with Product Management and Engineering leaders and play a critical role in defining the product roadmap and prioritizing requirements for releases.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Be deeply involved in all aspects of product development and delivery from early-stage designs through to hands-on testing and implementation
- Study and solve complex user problems by exploring a wide breadth of ideas and converging on solutions using a strategic blend of user research, data, peer feedback, and professional intuition
- Design and confidently conduct UX research using a thoughtful blend of generative and evaluative mixed methods
- Leverage user data from digital experience analytic tools to inform your designs
- Track and own the performance of your designs post-launch and optimize
- Lead design discussions with your Agile team, design peers, other Loopers, and even customers to effectively solve user problems with solutions that are innovative, effective, and technically feasible
- Bring experience mentoring and coaching designers in great design practices
- Advocate for design thinking throughout the entire organization, shaping and living our design culture at Loopio
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end design process; you can develop and leverage UX research, user flow diagrams, journey mapping, wireframing, prototyping, usability testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions
- Highly proficient in interaction design; you have a passion coupled with extensive experience of tackling complex design problems
- Strong visual designer; you have a solid grasp of how to apply concepts of space, layout, visual hierarchy and affordance to digital user interfaces
- Holistic thinker; you think in systems and can anticipate the impacts of any one solution upon the entire platform and the holistic user experience
- Persuasive and powerful communicator; you can clearly express complex concepts and confidently share the ‘why’ behind your design decisions
- Leverage facilitative leadership skills to ensure everyone on your team understands the full context of a problem, opportunity, or solution with a strong shared understanding
- Exhibit a growth mindset, humbly accepting all critical feedback for the gift that it is to your design process
Where You’ll Work
- Right now, we’re all working from home, but when it’s safe to do so again, you’ll have the option of working where you work best
- Do you want to work in an office most days, when public health restrictions lift? You’ll have that opportunity to hot-desk out of our beautiful Kensington Market office
- Do you want to work from home most of the time? Sounds great - we’re all a Zoom call away.
- You’ll collaborate with your team largely remotely. And you’ll also make in-person connections: at company events, sales kick offs, or for full-team meetings
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- You'll have a manager who coaches you through goal setting, frequent 1-on-1s, and real-time feedback
- You’ll have tons of autonomy and responsibility; we have a results-driven environment
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth
- You’ll have a piece of the pie; every Loopio employee participates in our stock option plan!
- You’ll participate in a health and benefits plan that kicks in on day one!
- The career growth opportunities are endless at a successful, high-growth company