Software Developer (Project Team)
Toronto Hub /
Engineering, Product & Design – Engineering /
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam. We root for each other’s success and always remember to take time to celebrate, have fun, and Get Loopi!
This role will be on the project feature team. The Loopio project workspace empowers our customers to collaborate when answering questions during their sales cycles. Our approach makes it simple to convert complex documents and questionnaires into a format that’s easy to work with and our project management tools ensure projects are completed quickly, easily and look their best.
- Document conversion between Microsoft Word or Excel and semantic HTML
- Realtime collaboration and updates using WebSockets
- Dashboards and analytics for viewing the status of a project
What You'll Be Doing
- Rapidly build end-to-end features from scratch for Loopio’s web application
- Squash bugs as they come up because you can’t stand crappy software
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional Engineering, Product, and Design team
- Collaborate closely with our Product Managers and Product Designers in an Agile environment to bring features to life and iterate on them based on our customers' feedback
What You'll Bring to the Team
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience in full stack development, with a strong focus on front end architecture within a SaaS environment
- A strong understanding of how web applications work
- Can move seamlessly between front-end, back-end, middle-end… any “end” really
- Love creating processes and tools that help developers focus on quality
- A “get it done” attitude, but you understand the difference between smart shortcuts and shortcuts that cause big problems
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote first workplace that operates under a Hub Region Model. We recognize the advantages and flexibility of working remotely and we integrate that into the way we work!
- Right now, Loopio has one central Hub which is our Toronto Hub Region and our teams mostly work regular business hours in the EST time zone.
- Loopers and future-Loopers can live anywhere within a 300km/185 mile radius of Toronto (within Ontario).
- You’ll collaborate with your team largely remotely - we’re all just a Zoom call away! Loopio headquarters is at our beautiful Kensington Market office in downtown Toronto.
- When it’s safe to do so again, you’ll have the option of working where you work best - whether that be majority at home or hot-desking at the office whenever you’d like. When we are able to do so, we will also have the opportunity to make in-person connections at our Toronto office or during organization-wide events such as our Annual Retreat or Loopicon.
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- You'll work with a industry leading CX leaders who will support your career success by providing unparalleled experiences and a constant evolution of the tools and processes you leverage
- Your manager will support your development by providing ongoing feedback, 1-on-1s, career planning and performance reviews
- You will have tons of autonomy and responsibility - this role will give you the opportunity to try new and creative things and push boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth
- You’ll have a piece of the pie; every Loopio employee participates in our stock option plan!
- You’ll participate in a health and benefits plan that kicks in on day one!
- The career growth opportunities are endless at a successful, high-growth company
- You’ll be a part of Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 list 2020 and the Fast 500 list 2020!
Loopio is an equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to building equitable workplaces that are diverse and inclusive. We actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds to consider us as a future employer. Please contact a member (Diane or Yeniffer) of our Talent Experience team (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you require accommodations at any point during our virtual interview process.