Manager, Legal Affairs
Toronto / Remote /
Operations – Finance and Operations /
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam. We root for each other’s success and always remember to take time to celebrate, have fun, and Get Loopi!
About the Role:
This role reports to the Director of Legal and Business Operations. You’re passionate about providing guidance and assistance, advice and support to a diverse range of business units for all legal issues, compliance matters, and contracts. Working collaboratively with many areas of the company to draft, interpret and negotiate various types of agreements is your forte and you have a genuine interest in providing assistance for strategic initiatives as required.
If you’re excited about providing expert advice and helping manage complex legal matters, in addition to having strong business acumen, common sense, sound judgement, and want to work with a fast-paced team, we want to chat with you!
What You'll be Doing
- Respond to contract requests/inquiries from business stakeholders
- Review, negotiate and finalize vendor agreements and the drafting of services agreements, along with the drafting, reviewing and finalizing various contracts, such as non-disclosure agreements, master service agreements, technology licensing agreements, and vendor agreements.
- Act as contract lead for the negotiation of small to large sized customer / vendor agreements, in collaboration with legal and key business stakeholders.
- Support the legal team in the negotiation of customer and vendor agreements
- Review and update internal policies and procedures related to business operations
- Education/training within the business on the role, objectives and processes of the contract management process
- Manage expectations/concerns within the organization and vendor organizations through strong, professional communication and leadership skills
- Manage/develop relationship network as required by dealing with individuals at all levels of the organization and vendor /customer organizations
What You'll Bring to the Team
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive legal and/or contracting experience, preferably in a B2B, SaaS environment
- A J.D. or LLB is required
- Proven experience managing multiple internal and external relationships, including the ability to work closely with a variety of stakeholders to achieve common business objectives
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize, balance conflicting tasks and manage internal and external stakeholders within a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, proactive, self-motivated team player who takes initiative and is able to work independently
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must possess a high degree of of ethics, integrity and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. You are able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, including with business partners, senior leadership team, and vendors
Where You'll Work
- Right now, we’re all working from home, but when it’s safe to do so again, you’ll have the option of working where you work best
- Do you want to work in an office most days, when public health restrictions lift? You’ll have that opportunity to hot-desk out of our beautiful Kensington Market office
- Do you want to work from home most of the time? Sounds great - we’re all a Zoom call away.
- You’ll collaborate with your team largely remotely. And you’ll also make in-person connections: at company events, sales kick offs, or for full-team meetings
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- You'll have a manager who coaches you through goal setting, frequent 1-on-1s, and real-time feedback
- You’ll have tons of autonomy and responsibility; we have a results-driven environment
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth
- You’ll have a piece of the pie; every Loopio employee participates in our stock option plan!
- You’ll participate in a health and benefits plan that kicks in on day one!
- The career growth opportunities are endless at a successful, high-growth company