The Engineering Team at Loop is a balance of agility, consistency, and performance. These are the pillars that allow the team to constantly and consistently deliver value that matters to customers. That customer intimacy is what allows our engineering teams to be the best in our space, and bring the best ideas to the market.
We are looking for a human who is a service oriented leader, focused on creating new capabilities for Loop through the lens of your team and its people. You have a growth mindset and are always looking for win-win solutions to challenge problems of scale, and software delivery.
Right away, we’ve listed what we think you’ll be spending your time on. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead Loop through new and different phases.
This is an indispensable role with us, so we’ll be looking for you to have examples of when you’ve tackled these challenges throughout your career. We’ve laid out the experience we think is important to set you up for success in this role. But, we appreciate that different humans will solve problems in different ways, so we don’t expect you to fit exactly in a box of requirements.
Loop HQ is a state-of-the-art office located in Columbus, Ohio, and more than half of our team works remotely across the United States and Canada. You can choose to join us in the Columbus office or stay fully remote in this role.
Our Tech Stack:
While we use certain core technologies at Loop, the exact tech stack each team uses varies. To give you an idea of what you might work with should you join us, here are some examples: Vue.js, PHP9/Laravel, Node.js, AWS Lambda, MySQL, DynamoDB, Docker, AWS Cloud, Serverless Framework, Atlassian.
What You’ll Do:
- You have deep knowledge of scaling and designing integration based software that encompasses some of the following concepts: Test automation, High volume API networks, High volume data persistence and reporting, Continuous delivery, Highly configurable products and self service B2B products
- Manage and grow a high performing, self managing, inclusive team.
- Ensure continuous delivery of high value software and continuous improvement.
- Facilitate and guide engineering operations, including being accountable for the SDLC.
- Create accountability within and across departments.
- Review and inspect technical decision making to ensure it aligns with company needs and goals.
- Grow individuals capable of being the next era of Engineering Managers at Loop.
- Each team that uses Loop depends on us to manage a very important part of their customer experience.
- Their trust is why we're able to do what we do, and as an Engineering Manager you’ll be responsible for laying the foundation by being open, honest, and reliable.
- 3+ years of experience managing product-focused software engineering teams.
- Experience in a SaaS company is highly desirable, along with startup experience.
- Any experience within an ecommerce environment would be a huge advantage.
- An experienced and foundational understanding of modern software delivery techniques and architectures.
- You have promoted and modeled values in a way that builds engagement and trust amongst the members of your past teams and communities.
- You deeply understand technical software and are able to communicate it clearly to many different audiences, technical or not.
- You have effectively handled requests from multiple stakeholders, manage expectations, and have proven to effectively prioritize your work.
- You are open to criticism and feedback, and have delivered both to create a culture of accountability and performance.
In a perfect world, Loop wouldn't exist. If we had our way, we'd live in a world where we're mindful about how we consume, we love every product we own, and we share values with the brands who create them. In reality, commerce isn't perfect and often breaks. Loop creates second chances.
We're starting by revolutionizing the post-purchase experience. We've taken one of the most fragile commerce interactions - returns - and turned it into something consumers actually love, and that deepens our connection to brands and products.
We take connection seriously on the inside, too. We're building a work experience that allows you to Be A Human First and prioritizes empathy and wellbeing. We view Loop as a special place in your career to shape the future of an industry and become a better person while doing it. You can grow faster here in a shorter amount of time - we'll give you space and trust you to fill it.
Learn more about us here: https://loopreturns.com/careers.
You can review our privacy notice here.