Head of Sales Development
The Sales Team at Loop is the engine that powers the business. In an ever-evolving market and company, the sales team seeks to provide revenue and stability that can accelerate our vision to market.
Right away, we’ve listed what we think you’ll be spending your time on. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead Loop through new and different phases.
This is an indispensable role with us, so we’ll be looking for you to have examples of when you’ve tackled these challenges throughout your career. We’ve laid out the experience we think is important to set you up for success in this role. But, we appreciate that different humans will solve problems in different ways, so we don’t expect you to fit exactly in a box of requirements.
Loop HQ is a state-of-the-art office located in Columbus, Ohio, and more than half of our team works remotely across the United States and Canada. You can choose to join us in the Columbus office or stay fully remote in this role.
What You'll Do
- Create an energetic sales environment every day for your group of distributed Business Development Representatives (BDRs)
- Coach BDRs directly to uplevel their knowledge and skills so your team is consistently performing at or above their goals
- Ramp newly hired BDRs so that they are comfortable, confident, and productive in their role more quickly than their predecessors were
- Scale the team while maintaining high performance across BDRs, improving efficiency and effectiveness of outreach through strategy, tactics, and execution developed in tandem with other Demand Generation functions and Sales Leadership
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our market space, its players, our buyers, and their pain points, our platform, and the impact it has on the merchants we serve
- Coach and make decisions using data-driven analysis in order to problem-solve with BDRs, peers, and leaders
- Recognize and celebrate success and failure, always with a focus on what to learn and improve
- Support the design and deployment of incentive programs to drive desired behavior changes and outcomes
- Support the development and delivery of training content (ecommerce, product, competitors, how we conduct outreach and discovery, etc.) to position team members for success
- Build a team that grows into highly impactful Account Executives and leaders across Loop
- Act decisively with transparency, and make decisions through the lens of Loop’s core values
- People management experience in B2B SaaS sales, scaling teams 2-3x in size
- You’ve worked at a startup company (or a few) and know what it means to make it through the various stages of rapid growth
- You have led from the front, know how to execute cold emails, calls, social, and writing sequences, and will do so to teach the team what good looks like
- Experience developing GTM motions and strategies that apply to both large customer acquisition and small customer acquisition
- Experience leveraging analytics and tools in innovative ways to drive efficiency and scale
- Experience successfully recruiting, hiring, and developing high-performing teams and leading them through continuous change as the day-to-day operating environment evolves in order to scale
- You have a collaborative work style and have created exceptional partnerships with your peers in Sales, Partnerships, and Marketing as well as with other internal and external stakeholders, and quickly became one of their favorite people to work with
- Experience in the ecommerce SaaS ecosystem, Shopify preferred
In a perfect world, Loop wouldn't exist. If we had our way, we'd live in a world where we're mindful about how we consume, we love every product we own, and we share values with the brands who create them. In reality, commerce isn't perfect and often breaks. Loop creates second chances.
We're starting by revolutionizing the post-purchase experience. We've taken one of the most fragile commerce interactions - returns - and turned it into something consumers actually love, and that deepens our connection to brands and products.
We take connection seriously on the inside, too. We're building a work experience that allows you to Be A Human First and prioritizes empathy and wellbeing. We view Loop as a special place in your career to shape the future of an industry and become a better person while doing it. You can grow faster here in a shorter amount of time - we'll give you space and trust you to fill it.
Learn more about us here: https://loopreturns.com/careers.
You can review our privacy notice here.