Research Assistant (Tissue/Cell Culture)
Bay Area /
Lorentz Bio is a research company working on a moonshot goal. Candidates can look forward to joining the founding team and building a well-resourced research program, with access to infrastructure, engineering talent, and operational capacity not available in a conventional academic context.
We're hiring a full-time Research Assistant to support cell and tissue culture, histology, and chemistry experiments. You will work directly with our scientific team to implement and maintain cell and tissue culture in the context of novel compound discovery.
What you'll do:
The day-to-day activities of our Research Assistant will vary, and may include all or none of these tasks on a given day:
• Maintain cell culture.
• Conduct histology assays.
• Analyze various endpoints of cellular health through various imaging modalities and biochemical assays.
• Assist in designing chemical libraries and in selecting & procuring chemicals and compounds for cell-based screens.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of various screening endpoints.
• Coordinate and manage relationships with Contract Research Organizations (CROs).
• Create, document, and maintain organizational and purchasing systems for lab spaces, cold storage, data, and special reagents.
• Ensure on-time data reporting and accurate sample delivery.
• Prepare equipment and supplies for experiments of a variety of modalities, and assist with laboratory consumables management.
Additionally, as your laboratory capabilities expand, you will have the opportunity to support a growing number of experiments, including but not limited to: immunohistochemistry, in-vitro toxicity (pharmacology), electrophysiology, acute slicing, pathology, EM, MRI, CT scan, metabolomics, pathology, diverse types of sequencing. Prior experience performing these experiments is not required, however, general familiarity with most or all of these concepts is very helpful.
- You’ve completed an undergraduate degree in STEM with 1+ years of relevant experience in Neuroscience, Cell Biology, or a related field (Industrial or Academic).
- Creative, passionate about discovery, excited to push science forward.
- Comfortable in a laboratory setting.
- Experience maintaining cell culture (HEK-cells, primary neurons etc), ideally in the context of cell-based drug screening.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to grow. Team members who have an outsized impact are advanced rapidly.
- Excellent medical and dental insurance.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- A generous stipend package for independent learning.
- A competitive compensation package (salary + equity)
This role is open to early career applicants as well as more experienced technicians.
Lorentz Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We insist on creating a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Lorentz Bio will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Lorentz Bio is an equal opportunity employer and values diverse applicants of all backgrounds. If you are as passionate about our mission as we are, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.