Scientist/Senior Scientist, Neuroscience, Assay Development
Bay Area /
Lorentz Bio is a research company working on a moonshot goal. Candidates can look forward to joining the founding team and building a well-resourced research program, with access to infrastructure, engineering talent, and operational capacity not available in a conventional academic context.
What you'll do:
In this role, you will establish and manage a pipeline of methods, with an initial focus on histology, to assay structure and function of neural tissue following different interventions. You will be responsible for hiring and managing a team of technicians and research associates. You will collaborate with company leadership to give input on our preclinical research direction, and pilot novel assay directions.
- You’ve completed a PhD with 3+ years of post-doc/industry experience in Neuroscience or Cell Biology.
- Experience with histology.
- A strong record of accomplishment in your field, including publications, presentations, and/or patents.
- Familiarity with a common programming language (Python, R, C, etc), feel comfortable programming when appropriate.
- Experience successfully managing and mentoring.
If you have experience in any of the following domains, we’d strongly encourage you to apply:
- Experience with acute brain slices.
- Experience with electrophysiology, cell culture, MRI, EEG, or metabolomics is of interest.
- Expertise in evaluating various types of cellular damage i.e. ischemia, toxicity, osmotic damage.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to make an impact by working with some of the smartest and most talented experts from all across the world.
- An opportunity to grow. Team members who have an outsized impact are advanced rapidly.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- A generous stipend package for independent learning.
- A competitive compensation package (salary + equity)
Several studies have shown that women and members of the BIPOC community are less likely to apply if they do not satisfy all requirements. Lorentz Bio is an equal opportunity employer and values diverse applicants of all backgrounds. If you are as passionate about our mission as we are, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.