Loupe was founded out of a desire to do better. Our origin story is a humble one: We saw that the sports card collecting hobby had a lot of inefficiencies, and we wanted to improve on it. At its heart, Loupe is a place where sports card buyers and sellers can come together to share their hobby. We pride ourselves on making it easy and fun to partake in card collecting. You don’t need to love sports or sports cards to work at Loupe. We only ask that you share our vision of creating a better destination for the community of collectors. Together, we can do better — and we can make a lot of people happy along the way.
We’re looking for someone with experience building robust and scalable backend systems on cloud infrastructure. You’ll be in charge of architecting and building a fresh backend system, utilizing REST best practices, with a priority on fast, low latency solutions. Can be remote!
- Develop the services and APIs used by our mobile application developers
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and translate that into a pragmatic and effective solution
- Implement ongoing security systems
- Regularly improve quality through automation and performing code reviews
- Maintain a stable server with zero downtime
Skills / Experience
- 2-7 years hands-on experience developing for a live service backend
- Major cloud provider experience (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Video streaming (AWS IVS in particular)
- User management
- E-commerce and payment systems
- Knowledge of the Richardson Maturity Model for REST
- Experience trumps any college degree so we have no minimum education
We want to be a good employer, and we want to be a company that you’re proud to work for. To that end, we’ll do everything in our power to ensure you’re comfortable in your work environment, that you have opportunities for learning and professional growth, and that you’re given all the tools to do your best work. Loupe offers medical, dental, short/long term disability, and vision coverage.