Loupe was founded out of a desire to do better. Our origin story is a humble one: We saw that the sports card collecting hobby had a lot of inefficiencies, and we wanted to improve on it. At its heart, Loupe is a place where sports card buyers and sellers can come together to share their hobby.
We pride ourselves on making it easy and fun to partake in card collecting. You don’t need to love sports or sports cards to work at Loupe. We only ask that you share our vision of creating a better destination for the community of collectors. Together, we can do better — and we can make a lot of people happy along the way.
About the Role
As the first DevOps Engineer, you will own and manage the backend cloud infrastructure and experience, while leading the buildout of our monitoring platform. You will also develop a strategy for scaling infrastructure, as well as, lead the migration toward an AWS Cloud environment. Day-to-day, you'd be participating in an on-call rotation, helping provide internal technical platform support to other engineering teams, and working directly on platform improvements. This role has an emphasis on operations rather than coding.
This role can be remote anywhere in the U.S.
What You'll Do Here:
- Evaluate our current infrastructure and make recommendations on efficiency enhancements
- Develop a model to effortlessly scale the infrastructure to support our growing business
- Assess and make decisions on how we’re storing our code
- Implement and experiment with different technologies and tools. We’re always open to new ideas
- Build out a monitoring platform
- Lead the migration to AWS
We'd Love to Hear from You if You Have:
- 2-3 years experience in a Cloud environment, preferably AWS and Google Cloud
- Understanding with Monitoring tools such PagerDuty or BigPanda
- Experience coding but not necessarily
- Experience trumps any college degree so we have no minimum education
We strive to be a best-in-class employer and a company that you’re proud to work for. To that end, we’ll do everything in our power to ensure you’re comfortable in your work environment, that you have opportunities for learning and professional growth, and that you’re given all the tools to do your best work. We also have some pretty great perks:
Full Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
Loupe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.