Production Support/DevOps Engineer
Loved is the financial services platform for the next generation. We focus on those under the age of 18 because we believe in the difference we can make to their financial success. Building a great team is essential for us to create a product that our customers' love and that help them succeed.
We are still small yet we are growing fast, so we want those that will outperform and become leaders within our company as it grows. The company is headquartered in San Francisco USA with its extended office in Gurgaon.
Loved has an exciting opportunity for someone to join the Gurgaon office of Loved as a Production Support/DevOps Engineer.
This position serves as the go-to person for technical customer and production issues. This position maintains, monitors, and enhances the production environment and provide 24x7 system support by working with partners and other engineering team members. While this position implements a sound tactical short-term solution to mitigate the immediate problems, he/she also provides input to a robust strategic long-term solution. The position reports to the VP Engineering, and works closely with other team members to collaborate on technology support and successful business operations.
What you will do:
- Develop, optimize and manage tools and processes to support applications and monitoring.
- Deploy new and updated tools and technologies that can improve our operations.
- Work with Partners to identify and resolve issues.
- Work with cloud vendors as needed.
- Be on a constant hunt for knowledge gaps to further develop yourself.
- Be a part of the team which strives for 0% downtime, 100% monitoring automation, and rapid response to customers’ issues.
- Maintain and ensure 24x7 up-time for all servers/services.
- Respond promptly to production issues and alerts 24x7.
- Participate in on-duty rotation to support US trading hours.
- We care about our customers, technology, our company, and its people.
- We believe in high performance, high availability, and highly redundant systems.
- We deploy features and fixes weekly and always available for emergency patches.
- We believe in an open and self-motivated culture where engineers are expected to ask questions all the time, learn, and contribute in ways outside their usual assignments.
What you will bring:
- At least five years of experience in technical operations and support roles for consumer applications.
- Working experience with Micro Services Architecture, NodeJS, API, GraphQL, DynamoDB, MySQL.
- Hands on experience in code to fix burning issues on the fly.
- 4+ of working experience within an AWS cloud environment.
- Experience in writing scripts.
- In depth knowledge of analyzing logs to identify the problem quickly.
- Understanding of web technologies and latest technology stack.
- Familiarity of business continuity, fault-tolerant design, and fail-over architecture.
- Familiarity about networking and security (TCP/IP, SSL, CNAME, DNS, HTTP).
- A practical, open-minded, and intellectually curious approach.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or directly related field.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in Fintech.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix, etc. or similar kind.
- Experience with centralized logging services like Splunk or LogStash or DataDog.
- Experience in managing high volume transactions services (1000 requests per second does not scare you).
More information on Loved is available at loved.com.