Lovepop is on a mission to create one billion magical moments and the best place in the world for hungry, creative problem solvers. We were first introduced to America on Shark Tank in December 2015 and we have been on a rocket ship ride ever since. At Lovepop, we feel there is not enough human connection in the ever-growing digital world.
We are hiring a Data Engineer to join our engineering team to maintain and expand our data analytics platform, and ensure that our database infrastructure is reliable and scalable. You’ll also have an opportunity to work on backend microservice development.
What you'll do here:
- Connect new data sources (in-house and third-party) to our data analytics platform.
- Keep our database and data analytics platforms healthy, monitored and up-to-date.
- Work closely with product, marketing, and business stakeholders to understand what data and data sources are important for gaining new insights about our customers, and help prioritize that work with the team.
- Work collaboratively with an agile, cross-functional team to implement new eCommerce and backend fulfillment features.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 3-4 years of experience as a data engineer or BI developer, working with modern data analytics tools and services.
- Experience with management of at least one RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred).
- Experience with a modern OO programming language, such as C#, Java or Python (C# preferred).
- Good collaboration skills. Experience working with an agile development team is a plus.
- A passion for learning about our business, and about new technologies.
- A desire to make an impact and help us create one billion magical moments - and ensure we can measure how far we’ve come on the journey.