IT/Software Contracts Consultant (Drug Discovery & Development)
Business Operations /
Loxo@Lilly aims to create medicines that make life better for all those affected by cancer around the world. Bringing together the focus and spirit of a biotech with the scale, resources, and heritage of Lilly, our team is focused on rapidly delivering impactful new medicines for people with cancer. Our approach centers on creating oncology medicines that unequivocally show early signs of clinical activity and will matter to patients. We intend to curate a balanced pipeline of medicines, either internally or externally discovered, with the potential to treat cancer with dramatic effect. Loxo@Lilly was created in December 2019, combining the Lilly Oncology organization and Loxo Oncology, which was acquired by Lilly in early 2019. Loxo@Lilly is a global organization with team members in Louisville, Colorado; Indianapolis, Indiana; New York City, New York; San Diego, California; South San Francisco, California; Stamford, Connecticut; and Madrid, Spain.
The IT/Software Contracts Consultant (Drug Discovery & Development) is responsible for negotiating contracts to support IT related to drug discovery and development projects.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Work with information technology, discovery, legal, and finance teams to help draft, negotiate and manage contracts and amendments to support the business needs across drug discovery & early phase drug development
- Identify and mitigate business risks throughout the contracting process
- Provides guidance to Loxo’s discovery project managers related to ongoing IT/software licensing for drug discovery engagements
- May potentially support third party risk management process for IT/Software vendors
Required Qualifications and Preferred Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required along with 3+ years of contract management experience, including the drafting and negotiation of software licenses and professional services agreements in a Pharma/Biotech setting
- IT/Software vendor management experience is required
- Experience negotiating software licenses to support drug discovery and bioinformatics is strongly preferred
- Proven experience drafting contracts as well as applying review and analysis skills is required
- Ability to communicate and collaborate efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Ability to manage and meet strict deadlines, work independently, and multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Physical Demands/ Travel:
The physical demands of this job are consistent with light office duties.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position’s work environment is in an office.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the role and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loxo@Lilly (Eli Lilly and Company) is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Loxo@Lilly (Eli Lilly and Company) is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Loxo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.