Irvine, CA /
Engineering – Civil Engineering /
LPA is seeking a passionate Civil Engineering Designer to join our integrated team of engineers, architects, interior designers, landscape architects and master planners. As a participant in our uniquely collaborative design process, you will work hand in hand with colleagues across disciplines on a wide variety of innovative, sustainable projects. Our award-winning projects aim to have a positive and enduring environmental, economic and social impact.
Civil Designer Experience:
- Broad knowledge and experience in: Civil Engineering and Site Development
- Above average skills in AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Excellent in learning and retaining new skills and build upon what has been learned.
- Excellent in working and communicating with other disciplines and coordinating design concepts.
- Demonstrate ability to understand the general concepts of water, sewer, storm drain, and grading design.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with the civil team members and other disciplines for team meetings.
- Demonstrate ability to design general grading concepts and take the initiative to coordinate and implement ideas.
Civil Designer Requirements:
- Degree Requirements: B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Years of experience: 4+
- Specialized training in: Civil Engineering
- Active affiliations: American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Other requirements (desired certifications, organizational affiliations): Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
Civil Designer Responsibilities:
- The Designer will assist Project Engineers, Project Designers and Project Managers in the execution of specific assignments
- Prepare presentations and documentation for schematic design, design development and construction documents
- Review and process construction administration documents
- Active in professional organizations
- Mentor-ship from senior designers and project leaders
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people’s lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment—one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.