Architectural BIM Manager (Healthcare)
Irvine, CA /
Architecture – All Studios /
LPA is seeking a passionate Architectural BIM Manager (Healthcare) to join our integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects and master planners. As a participant in our uniquely collaborative design process, you will work hand in hand with colleagues across disciplines on a wide variety of innovative, sustainable projects. Our award-winning projects aim to have a positive and enduring environmental, economic and social impact.
BIM is integral to the collaborative environment at LPA. In this unique role you will work directly on projects to coordinate content, processes + multiple disciplines. You will also engage with our integrated technology team, Inspire Design (ID). ID is a unified group that includes design technologies, information technologies and information systems.
Architectural BIM Manager Experience:
- 10+ years of related field experience
- 4+ years of large project (minimum 1M sq ft or $250M construction cost) coordination
Architectural BIM Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with our Inspire Design on software patches/ upgrades
- Oversee the model linking efforts
- Troubleshoot errors that people encounter week to week
- Establish the protocol for exporting the model to outside consultants
- Guide the team on the phasing of separate models
- Act as "gate keeper" on any families; create families as required
- Serve as mentor/ trainer on our team
- Lead clash detection management efforts
Architectural BIM Manager Requirements:
- Expert knowledge of BIM design + documentations is required; Revit, Civil 3d, Rhino, etc.
- Confident in internal and external presentations
- Enthusiastic commitment to coordinating the multidisciplinary design process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to pursue high quality models + construction documents
- Demonstrate independence, innovation and vision with program, project design and implementation
- Work experience in a medium to large sized architectural, engineering or construction firm.
- Passion for great customer service.
- Expert knowledge of Revit Building Design Suite and content creation preferred
- Proven ability to thrive in highly collaborative environments.
- Proven ability to manage and complete multiple projects.
- Experience in the practice of architecture, engineering or construction.
- Experience with clash/coordination management and specification writing software and processes.
- Familiarity or experience with site modeling workflows essential to coordination between civil engineering, landscape architecture and architecture.
- Familiarity of experience with Building Modeling workflow essential to coordination between Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Architecture.
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people’s lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment—one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AND RECRUITERS:
Please note that LPA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, LPA will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without LPA’s request, LPA explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of LPA.