Design Technology Manager
San Antonio, TX /
Support – Inspire Design (IT) /
LPA is seeking a passionate Design Technology Manager to join our integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects and master planners. As a member of Inspire Design (ID), our unified technology team, you will be a firm wide participant in our uniquely collaborative process by maintaining, supporting and implementing technologies that inspire the design process. Your impact will be across multiple disciplines on a wide variety of innovative, sustainable projects. Our award-winning projects aim to have a positive and enduring environmental, economic and social impact.
Our technology team is a unified group that includes design technologies, information technologies and information systems. Design Technologies focuses on the software our designers use throughout the firm during the design process. This role advances the firm through innovation, education and support of design systems and applications. This is accomplished through collaboration with integrated project teams across all disciplines throughout the firm. As part of a unified technology team you will also engage information technologies and information systems to advance our pursuit of a better process and better results.
Design Technology Manager Experience:
- 8 or more years of related field
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience.
Design Technology Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Design Technologists to advance technology throughout the firm.
- Engage integrated design teams with the development of interdisciplinary BIM strategies.
- Collaborate with integrated design teams to develop BIM workflows.
- Manage the development, documentation and communication of interdisciplinary BIM Project Plans.
- Coordinate and monitor the effective development of BIM based projects.
- Manage the organization of BIM and design content and templates.
- Direct and manage software and workflow training.
- Research, evaluate and recommend emerging design technologies.
- Coordinate vendors, resellers and trainers.
Design Technology Manager Requirements:
- Work experience in a medium to large sized architectural, engineering or construction firm.
- Passion for great customer service.
- Expert knowledge of Revit Building Design Suite and content creation
- Intermediate knowledge of Rhino, AutoCAD and Civil 3d.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to thrive in highly collaborative environments.
- Proven ability to manage and complete multiple projects.
- Ability to conduct limited amounts of travel.
- Experience in the practice of architecture, engineering or construction.
- Experience with software and processes in the following areas: Project Information Management, Clash/ Coordination Management, Site modeling for Civil + Landscape and Digital Specifications.
- Experience with aligning hardware and software requirements.
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people’s lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment—one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AND RECRUITERS:
Please note that LPA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, LPA will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without LPA’s request, LPA explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of LPA.