Healthcare Medical Planner
Irvine, CA /
Architecture – All Studios /
LPA is seeking a passionate Healthcare Medical Planner to join our integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects and master planners. As a participant in our uniquely collaborative design process, you will work hand in hand with colleagues across disciplines on a wide variety of innovative, sustainable projects. Our award-winning projects aim to have a positive and enduring environmental, economic and social impact.
Medical Planner Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture required
- 10+ years of experience in all phases of architectural projects, 5+ years of medical planning experience
- OSHPD and prior Healthcare project experience required
Medical Planner Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and Excel is required. Good knowledge of CAD, Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: focused, articulate and motivated
- Architectural license required
- Knowledge of guidelines in healthcare industry for both design and construction
- Strong background in medical planning of large facilities
- Enthusiastic commitment to the multidisciplinary design process and team environment
- Ability to inspire collaboration between client and projects teams as the single point of contact
Medical Planner Responsibilities:
- The Medical Planner will work in unison with Project Architects, Project Designers and Project Managers to lead the project design process
- Provide medical planning expertise firmwide
- Partner with clients to incorporate technical knowledge and planning into their designs
- Quality control research for product and architectural design related to projects
- Partners with other disciplines throughout the design process
- Mentor junior team members
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people’s lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment—one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AND RECRUITERS:
Please note that LPA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, LPA will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without LPA’s request, LPA explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of LPA.