Irvine, CA /
Support – Inspire Design (IT) /
LPA is seeking a Systems Specialist I to join our integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects and master planners. As a member of Inspire Design (ID), our technology team, and participant in our uniquely collaborative design process, you will maintain, support and implement technologies that inspire the design process.
Our technology team is a unified group that includes design technologies, information technologies and information systems. As a part of information technologies, the Systems Specialist I focuses on supporting the hardware and software essential to firm operations. This role helps manage and maintain business/design systems and applications. As part of a unified technology team you will also contribute to efforts in design technologies and information systems which advance our pursuit of a better process that returns better results.
- 0-3 years of field experience
- Install, troubleshoot and configure workstation software and hardware.
- Set up accounts and physical workstations and cabling.
- Act as the first point on contact to address or delegate resolution of technology issues and requests.
- Ensure security through access controls and compliance with policies.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Installation and tracking of IT assets.
- Develop expertise to inform and collaborate with staff on new technologies
- Maintain and update an internal knowledge base with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Passion for great customer service and collaboration.
- Experience as a Systems Specialist or similar support role desired.
- Experience with various operating systems and cloud platforms.
- Experience with desktop PC support, VPN and basic networking.
- Knowledge of antivirus technologies and data backup/recovery.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office 365, Newforma Project Center, Bluebeam Revu or other similar applications.
- Basic knowledge of design software applications including Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD, Trimble Sketchup and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Resourcefulness and an aptitude for problem-solving.
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people’s lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment—one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AND RECRUITERS:
Please note that LPA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, LPA will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without LPA’s request, LPA explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of LPA.