Irvine, CA /
Engineering – Structural Engineering /
LPA is seeking a passionate Structural Designer to join our integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects and master planners. As a participant in our uniquely collaborative design process, you will work hand in hand with colleagues across disciplines on a wide variety of innovative, sustainable projects. Our award-winning projects aim to have a positive and enduring environmental, economic and social impact.
Structural Designer Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering required, Master’s Degree encouraged
- 0-5 years of experience in all phases of building design
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification required, PE license encouraged
Structural Designer Requirements:
- Enthusiastic commitment to the multidisciplinary design process and team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of Revit, RAM, RISA and ETABs is preferred
- Curious and open minded to learn and assume increased responsibilities
- Committed to building a long-term professional career
Structural Designer Responsibilities:
- The Designer will assist Project Engineers and Project Managers in the comprehensive structural design of a large variety of building types and structural systems
- The Designer will learn to master 21st century seismic design, including performance based design and resilience based design for both new construction and building retrofit
- Work on research for next generation design and analysis methods related to projects
- Actively participate in the construction administration phase at projects
- Receive mentor-ship and training from Senior Designers and Project Leaders, including a focus on preparation for PE and SE licensure
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people’s lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment—one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AND RECRUITERS:
Please note that LPA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, LPA will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without LPA’s request, LPA explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of LPA.