Interpreter Opportunities – Telephonic Interpreters
As a member of LSA’s network of Independently Contracted Interpreters in the Interpreting by Telephone (IBT) division, you are responsible for handling telephone calls on demand and facilitating language communication for the Limited English Proficient (LEP) community in a variety of settings, including medical, legal, and customer service. Language Services Associates is continuously accepting qualified interpreters and all languages are welcome!
· Provide effective telephonic remote interpreting
· Answer inbound calls in a timely manner
· Provide superior customer service
· Adhere to Code of Professional Conduct, including maintaining strict standards of confidentiality
· Adhere to all policies and procedures, including professional interpretation protocols and industry specific best practices
· Complete training(s) and participate in ongoing Quality Assurance monitoring
· Full fluency in both English and the target language
· Technology proficient (web-based platforms, email, Microsoft Word)
· Landline phone access for sound quality
· An interpreting space that is quiet, secure, and free from outside noises
· 2+ years of professional interpreting experience preferred
· Industry specific certifications/trainings preferred (CMI, CCHI, etc.)
· Proof of 40+ hour medical interpreting training preferred (ex: Bridging The Gap, Cross-Cultural, etc.)
LSA is passionate about what we do, which is helping people thrive in an increasingly global environment! If interested, please apply and include a copy of your resume, which emphasizes your interpreting experience.