Heavy Equipment Operator
Akron, Ohio /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA is looking for a Heavy Equipment Operator to maintain and operate all heavy equipment.
- Takes direction from the Operations Manager to reach specific production goals.
- Operate all pieces of heavy equipment owned or rented by LTA.
- Able to rig equipment, flight hardware and other items for lifting operations.
- Expected to work overtime and on non-standard workdays to operate heavy equipment and meet deadlines.
- Maintain heavy equipment: make minor repairs, organize major repairs, coordinate preventative maintenance, create, and sustain maintenance and repair logs for all heavy equipment, perform daily, weekly and monthly checks on all heavy equipment.
- Track daily equipment whereabouts and usage. Inform management of improper usage. Receiving – responsible for escorting, unloading, and delivering freight to shipping and receiving.
- Participate in builds and other hangar activities.
- Must be comfortable with heights and overhead work.
- Ensure a clean, organized, and professional workplace. Practice 5S methodology.
- Enforce/follow company policies and report any violations to the manager.
- Ensure workplace safety above everything else.
- Minimum five years’ heavy equipment operating experience. Multiple equipment types required with valid certifications.
- Knowledge of hand signaling.
- Experienced leading teams to achieve company goals – foreman, supervisor, manager ect.
- Mechanic background / high level of mechanical aptitude preferred
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Valid CDL Class C required, Class A preferred.
Physical and Compliance Requirements:
- Able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Excellent hand eye and foot coordination
- Able to work on feet for extended periods of time
- Able to climb ladders, stairs, scaffolding to reach elevated work areas
- Background check clearance
- Drug Test clearance wherever applicable
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
What We Offer!
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; employee-only premiums are 100% covered by LTA and dependent premiums are covered 80%
- Company-paid life, long-term disability, and short-term disability insurances
- Parental leave
- Flexible generous time off + 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Lunch and snacks provided every day, including accommodations for all dietary restrictions
- $50 wellness stipend each month
- Yearly Education Stipend to obtain certifications or take classes in your field
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields
- Growth potential
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.