Electrical Engineering Co-Op
Akron, Ohio /
Engineering – LTAG /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing and manufacturing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even accelerate humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircraft with zero emissions that would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation when used for shipping goods and moving people.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineering Co-Op student to work full time in either the fall semester of 2021 or the spring semester of 2022.
- Work on UAV and/or manned airship engineering projects
- Develop creative solutions for unique aerospace problems
- Design, test and build by hand a variety of mechanical and/or electrical engineering products
- Handle multiple projects with competing priorities
- Work within a complex, fluid, and fast-paced work environment
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university or college, majoring in an Electrical Engineering, or another relevant engineering field
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, and team collaboration skills
- Experience with PC’s & Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PPT, Excel)
- Hands-on experience with engineering design teams, lab research, or other prior work experience
- Familiarity with RC electrical systems
- Experience with cable making and cable design
- Wiring knowledge (crimping, splicing, and routing)
- Soldering both SMD and through hole components
- PCB design, assembly, and troubleshooting
- Experience with PCB design suite software (KiCAD, Eagle, Altium)
- Experience with 3D modeling software (Solidworks, Fusion 360)
- Basic understanding of code and programming
Physical & Compliance Requirements:
- Background check clearance
- Drug Test clearance wherever applicable
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.