Akron, Ohio /
Operations – Hangar Operations /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing and manufacturing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even accelerate humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircraft with zero emissions that would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation when used for shipping goods and moving people.
We are seeking a Hangar Technician to help us assemble our lighter than air flight vehicles.
- Assist in fabricating, assembling, and constructing pieces of the flight vehicle
- Utilize excellent attention to detail and follow instructions exactly
- Basic use of hand tools and power tools
- Set up equipment, tools, and materials each day; clean and organize work area when day is complete
- Maintain inventory of equipment and tools
- Able to work with a team and individually while staying on task
- Able to switch between projects when necessary and contribute to production goals
- Perform other tasks as needed and assigned by the Director of Operations to reach production goals
- High school diploma
- 1-2 years of experience with basic shop tools and maintenance
- Independent and disciplined with a high level of attention to detail
- Able to follow detailed instructions exactly
- Prefer shop work over an office environment
Physical & Compliance Requirements:
- Capable of lifting and transporting up to 50 pounds
- Capable of sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Able to execute repetitive tasks for an extended period of time
- Must be able to work in outdoor-type weather conditions year-round
- Background check clearance
- Drug Test clearance wherever applicable
- Fully vaccinated against COVID
What We Offer!
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan
- Company-paid life, long-term disability, and short-term disability insurances
- Parental leave
- Flexible generous time off + 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Lunch and snacks provided every day, including accommodations for all dietary restrictions
- $50 wellness stipend each month
- Yearly education stipend to obtain certifications or take classes in your field
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.