Akron, Ohio /
Engineering – LTAG /
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing and manufacturing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even accelerate humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircraft with zero emissions that would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation when used for shipping goods and moving people.
We are seeking a Scheduler/planner to provide project scheduling and related technical support to manage a complex technical program development including procurement, system integration and program management functions.
- Developing a complex technical program development baseline schedule through interactions with a wide range of program team members.
- Monitoring ongoing work performed through personal interaction with team members, extracting information from department status documents and other sources to continuously update the program schedule.
- Extracting key elements of the overall schedule including critical path, identification of long lead tasks, availability of resources, and making recommendations on overall program actions to optimize the scheduling of the program.
- Support the planning and implementation of team projects
- Maintain and support all documentation
- Prepare and present project progress
- Weekly updates for progress reports
- 5 years of directly related scheduling experience
- Experience resource loading within a large schedule to include resource leveling to maximize resource utilization.
- Experience in creating MS Powerpoint slides that clearly summarize the overall program schedule and elements of the schedule for leadership briefings.
- Ability to link many schedules into a singular master schedule
- Impeccable organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Self-starter who can handle multiple projects with competing priorities with minimal direction
- Confident and articulate communicator
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to provide professional presentations to leadership
- Ability to work within a complex and fluid, fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with internal business functions globally as well as external advisors
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Project software applications for analysis and presentation
What We Offer!
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan (100% premium paid for individuals, ~70% for dependents)
- Company-paid life, AD&D, long-term disability, and short-term disability insurances
- Parental leave
- Generous PTO + 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Lunch and snacks provided every day, including accommodations for all dietary restrictions
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Yearly education stipend to obtain certifications or take classes in your field
- Mental health benefit
- Fun events, swag, and the occasional airship ride
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields
LTA Research & Exploration welcomes all candidates to apply including those with limited experience. We understand that candidates with a growth mindset and passion for working on the next chapter in aviation advancement can outweigh experience alone. We celebrate diverse origins and journeys and understand their importance in developing new technology. Rooted in our humanitarian mission, we want to serve the entire globe and have a team that represents those we wish to serve.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.